Main Menu

Recent posts

C
General Topics / Re: It never ends
Last post by captcolour - Today at 05:15:29 AM
Is there a bike somewhere in that first pic?  Nice job!
They make 17" rally wheels that are of course period correct, and also 17" Magnum 500's that are also a period correct favorite of mine
S
Exhaust / Re: Redeye Swap to 70 Cuda - w...
Last post by speedbird1229 - Today at 01:42:02 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 20, 2024, 08:48:05 PMfrom my experience that would be close to perfect
Thanks a lot for this feedback. Just out of curiosity - have you had any such retrofits done and have you experienced this exhaust size on some car?
I always liked slot mags, but had a soft spot for the look of Cragar S/S wheels and a deep aversion to unilug and the cost.

My car came with Mercury Cougar mags which look like S/S but were chromed steel.  I later replaced them with a set of Appliance Steel Spoke wheels, which are also S/S clones in steel.  Got offered good money by a Cougar driver for the Cougar mags.
Exhaust / Re: Redeye Swap to 70 Cuda - w...
Last post by Chryco Psycho - May 20, 2024, 08:48:05 PM
from my experience that would be close to perfect
Electrical & Audio / Re: Intermittent problem with ...
Last post by Chryco Psycho - May 20, 2024, 08:46:51 PM
Fuel & ign problems can often be confused

Fuel side - lean which seems most obvious to me as you say it stop if you add more fuel , so fuel level & jetting are the first things to check , I find if you are running stock fuel pump increasing the fuel level slightly really helps on Eddy carbs , eddys are also notoriusly lean out of the box & float levels are never close .

Exhaust leak is another possibilty this can change with throttle .

Ign side , weak spring on the points causing floating but would not change with throttle , Weak coil usually breaks down under more load not less but still possible , not enough coil voltage  , poor Ign wires , wrong gap / heat range Cold / poor make , NGK is the worst they love to misfire &  foul

I always runmax timing at idle & limit advance curve , without causing pinging , typically the best is to set your timing near max RPM at idle then hold the rpm at around 3000 rpm & see how much timing you have to back off to get it to run its best , if you have an adjustable timing light   you should get 2 number around 16* & 38* , mechanical advance should get you close by itself , maybe add a few degrees of vacuum or just leave it disconnected .

Electrical & Audio / Re: brake light switch
Last post by Chryco Psycho - May 20, 2024, 08:20:27 PM
Power flows to the switch from the fuse block up through the steering column & turn switch back down to the plug at the kick panel & out to the trunk start testing with an ohm meter for ground with the circuit disconnected from power disconnect sections until the ground goes away , remove the brake lights also as you will have a resistance reading through them .
General Topics / Re: Funny pictures, memes, vid...
Last post by Chryco Psycho - May 20, 2024, 08:12:43 PM
I don't want anything but going back to the 70s sounds great to me as long as I can stay !
General Topics / Re: Funny pictures, memes, vid...
Last post by Spikedog08 - May 20, 2024, 07:00:25 PM
I got a laugh out of this one . .  :haha:

An Arizona Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley rider for traveling faster than the posted speed limit:
He asks the old biker his name.
"Fred." He replies.
"Fred what?" The officer asks.
"Just Fred." The old man responds.
 :haha:  :haha:  :haha:
The officer is in a good mood, thinks he might just give the old biker a break and write him out a warning instead of a ticket.
The officer then presses him for the last name.
The old man tells him that he used to have a last name, but lost it.

The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it.
"Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?'
The old biker replies.
"It's a long story, so stay with me. I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, and residency, and finally got my degree, so I was Fred Johnson, MD.

After a while, I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream! I got all the way through school, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS. I got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD.

Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred."

The officer walked away in tears, laughing
In my experience, police typically won't get involved with auto accidents in parking lots. They are private property and some Offices won't write tickets for infractions on private property.

Also, older cars have fewer vin numbers than new cars and aren't able to be tracked in popular applications for service and repairs. Thus, no record of a body shop visit will ever be traceable to your car.

Unfortunately, the church is going to get hit with liability on this. It was their vehicle on their property and they authorized the driver to use it. Of course, they could purse restitution from the driver, but they may or may not and/or he may refuse.

They may not kill the car show in the near future, but they may not allow use of their carts any more.