Main Menu

Recent posts

General Topics / Re: E-Bodies T Shirts, Apparel...
Last post by Claudia - Today at 12:40:54 PM
I will try to do my part to get the link out there and see if I can help drive some traffic and orders to the site . . . it would be a shame to see it go.
V
Parts / Misc For Sale / 70 Challenger Deck Lid
Last post by VCODE - Today at 11:20:31 AM
For Sale: 1970 Challenger Deck Lid. Had a Factory Wing on it. It is in nice shape but does have the normal rust damage on the rear lip.
I have more pictures if needed.
$300.00
Free delivery to Carlisle .
Thanks Bob, you can PM or Text me 914-843-9617
Thanks all!  Will start looking at pilot bushing and report back! :)
Parts Wanted / Re: 71 Gran Coupe Rocker Mould...
Last post by 198D13 - Today at 09:41:17 AM
It should be noted from that posted picture of the two different years of rocker mouldings, that nice originals will NOT have those holes drilled in them. The bottom 71 picture is what they should be like, if they have not been "abused" by someone too lazy to find the correct clips for them.
Hi All,

Does anyone know what size front wheels bearings are needed for a stock 1970 340 Challenger please?  The car has standard hubs / drums all around.

Rockauto are showing 3 sizes, 9" 10" and 11".  Not sure which one and manufacture to order.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,1970,challenger,5.6l+340cid+v8,1078433,brake+&+wheel+hub,wheel+bearing,1672

Thanks for any help you can give.
Tools and Equipment / Re: I hate welding ... unless ...
Last post by dodj - Today at 04:57:27 AM
Ah that post brings back memories.. :))
T
Tools and Equipment / I hate welding ... unless it i...
Last post by tparker - Today at 12:17:43 AM
Ugh. I'm wrapping up the last few things until I get the car on the road for the first time 30+ years. I got Dougs headers and TTI exhaust and they require a little fabrication to hook up. Hooker headers (I think) lined up just fine. I made an 'S' curve from  a 90 degree tube. Man do  I sick at welding. BUT it is worse when the equipment is jacked up. Here's the run down.

The welds have bunch of pin holes. Every time I grind the weld down I have  little  holes that go through the joint. I keep welding and more holes. Then wire starts to bird nest inside the machine. Ugh. I fix it then after some troubleshooting I find the gauges aren't really working. Do I have gas running through the leads? Over a couple welding sessions I  forget to turn the gas back on, so I didn't have gas.  Then things get bird nested again. Then the wire welds  to the tip. A  trip to Home Depot  for tips. More bird nesting. More  pin holes.  Ugh. A bunch of videos later on Youtube then I start figuring out some problems. The wire pressure is off. The wire isn't in the groove of the feeding wheel. Some other things.  ugh.  It  all happens again. More welding, more pin holes. Some Better test welds, then it fails  when  welding. Oh  wait, again  I forget to turn on  the gas. I'm an idiot.  I'm  Done.

One last video. I think I understand everything. THis thing is actually simple. It can only  be a couple  things. Again bird nesting and, wait, what is that? The part of the lead  that connects to the inside of the feed of the welder appears to be pulled  out a bit and I can see an O ring. Just like a previous video mentioned.  :crying: I look at the  o ring and there is  a  cut/crack  in it. I pull it all apart and replace the o ring and what  do you know.  I  get some  great test  welds.   :D Then  I  start  welding again and it is dark and full of pin holes. Oh wait, I forgot to turn on the  gas again,  was using the last of gas in line for test welds.  Then, holy music playing from heaven, I get a decent weld. Insert that pic of the baby doing the "yeah" thing with with the fist! I still suck  at  welding, but at least it is just my problem and not the gear any more. LOL. I welded the next  piece in 20 minutes instead  of 3  days. LOL. 
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 14, 2024, 09:54:32 PM
1971 Dodge Charger

Parts Wanted / Re: 71 Gran Coupe Rocker Mould...
Last post by 71GranCoupe - May 14, 2024, 08:30:30 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on May 13, 2024, 07:36:42 PMThe top picture is for a 1970 Gran coupe Rocker.

Thanks for the confirmation on the correct application.
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: 1970 Dodge Challenger RT/S...
Last post by PlumCrazyRTSE - May 14, 2024, 07:30:08 PM
I took a few photos of that R/T SE today.  They're about halfway down in the group.

Mecum Indy Photos 5/14/24