Main Menu

Recent posts

General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 08, 2024, 10:37:53 PM
1971 AMC Javelin SST

Interesting about rear window defrost. My 74 Charger Rallye came with the electric heat tape on the window. It was the first year Dodge offered it. I also found out it's a rare option. My guess is that it was also offered in the 74 Challenger. I'll incllude a photo or two of it in my Charger.
Terry W.
I'd use a piece of square tubing and go over it with the bent weld to floor ones.
IMO, you'll be fine with the automatic. It's the shock loads from the manual clutch drops and power shifts that break them.
ok, so everyone agrees that the Dana 60 is best for 700+hp, so I don't feel like I'm thread-jacking too much ere when I ask "what about an 8 3/4 for a 392 (485hp)? My car will have the 6.4 hemi with an 8spd auto trans and 8 3/4 2ith 3.23 sure grip...which seems like it should be just fine?

I'm not going to drag race the car or anything, but I will definitely won't be afraid to get on the go-pedal from time to time.
My car is a convertible and I'm putting a 392 hemi in it, so there's no question I will be doing what I can to make it as structurally sound as possible.

I've seen a couple different types of subframe connectors. One is tubular and is welded or bolted (I will be welding regardless) to the existing front and rear frame components. The other is more contoured to fit along the floorpan and welded in place.

They both seem to do the same job but is one better than the other? I'd like to hear from people with experience here, I need to make a decision and start this part of the project soon.

I was also thinking aftermarket torque boxes, and wondering if the kit I've seen that goes under the radiator support is also a good addition?

Any advice is appreciated.
When glass surface temperature is colder than the dew point temperature of air, moisture will condense on the glass surface. You can remove the air moisture in the air by turning in AC in full recirculation. The moisture on the glass will evaporate and absorb by the drier air. Air movement will make it go faster. If you have no AC then you can turn on the heater in recirc mode. Warmer air can hold more moisture and moisture on glass will evaporate. Again air movement by the glass helps. So yes, the rear air defroster moving air helps but don't do much by itself only.

Modern car has electric resistance heater on glass. Defrost mode turn on AC to remove moisture and run the heater to reheat the air to maintain cabinet temperature setpoint.
That particular lid was inadvertently assembly line installed Bob L's shaker optioned 71 black Hemi Challenger,
..you remember that car Floyd, from your home state.
When the car sold years back, the family installed a correct one and kept the lid being it is so rare, deciding to ebay it last year.
In the 80's I owned an NOS N94 base with of these lids and only know of two others who had the same lid.
As stated, quite the unicorn.
I saw a prototype reproduction and a limited run may likely be done, may hear more about that on here.
I have the parts to send you.
I'll probably toss them soon. Let me know if you want them. Not looking to make a bunch of $$. Just don't want to toss them in the trash.
Just so you remember.....I'm in Canada...shipping MAY make it unfeasible.....economically.