Main Menu

Recent posts

All the measuring paid off. It fit perfectly and now I can roughly set the parts before POR15. Then I can weld it all together.
Parts / Misc For Sale / Re: Edelbrock AVS2 500 cfm Car...
Last post by 7dcuda - Today at 07:37:04 AM
Bump
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on Today at 07:02:33 AMThere is a set screw inside the advance unit that can be turned to limit the advance which I often adjust so you have more timing at idle
He tried several set screws in the opening and concluded that it was a fixed (non-adjustable) vacuum module. Did those electronic distributors come with adjustable vacuum units? Mine is from an electronic conversion kit that was bought in the late 80's, early 90's.
C
Parts Wanted / 3 Piece Barracuda Rear Trim
Last post by CudaA39 - Today at 07:08:13 AM
Looking for the 3 pieces of trim for the quarters and deck lid for 70-71 Barracuda.  I know they make repos but wanted to check here first.  Thanks!
There is a set screw inside the advance unit that can be turned to limit the advance which I often adjust so you have more timing at idle
Electrical & Audio / Re: Intermittent problem with ...
Last post by torredcuda - Today at 06:47:27 AM
Cannot be certain but sounds like a fuel delivery or mixture issue - filter or carb dirty/clogged, vacuum leak etc.
While a friend and I were carb adjusting to make my car idle nice he found that the distributor's plate wouldn't budge until 17.5 in/Hg of vacuum. When the distributor was rebuilt and tested advance would start at 7 in/Hg. The vacuum module/diaphragm is fine, holds vacuum no bleeding. The tool he was using is similar to the pictured one. The distributor is a Mopar electronic one.

That's the issue, why does it now take so much more vacuum to get the advance (plate) to start moving? Do those plates eventually bind through time? TIA, John
Parts Wanted / Re: Convertible pass glass
Last post by Daveh - Today at 06:39:47 AM
I have one also let me know if you don't purchase one from the previous posters.  Thx

Dave
Thank you for posting it this way. It actually is a little clearer for me. I'm almost at that point where I need to address that problem. The alignment guy wants me to get the ride height correct before he aligns it for the bias-ply tires. Thank you, Joe
Quote from: Brads70 on Today at 06:09:47 AMTiming or exhaust leak when it gets up to temp?  :notsure:

As to an exhaust leak. (maybe not) ...  note when it does begin to back-fire it loses significant engine power, and will stumble until I hit the gas harder, which makes the backfires stop and power resume.