Main Menu

Recent posts

C
Electrical & Audio / Re: brake light switch
Last post by Challenger32 - Today at 09:27:56 AM
Thank you I will start on it tonight
Parts / Misc For Sale / Small Block, 90 Degree Oil Fil...
Last post by nonfish - Today at 06:20:19 AM
Selling this 90 Degree Oil Filter Adapter.
It was the original factory installed one from my AAR.
I removed it and installed a DC aluminum on the engine back in 1983. It has been sitting ever since.
Date code:  2 03 0
Casting # 2951995

Selling for $95 + shipping cost

Payment by a US Postal Money Order or by PayPal "friends & family"

Parts / Misc For Sale / Re: 1970/71 Challenger REAR VA...
Last post by Caparco - Today at 05:20:39 AM
Is this still available if so please message me thanks
C
General Topics / Re: It never ends
Last post by captcolour - Today at 05:15:29 AM
Is there a bike somewhere in that first pic?  Nice job!
They make 17" rally wheels that are of course period correct, and also 17" Magnum 500's that are also a period correct favorite of mine
S
Exhaust / Re: Redeye Swap to 70 Cuda - w...
Last post by speedbird1229 - Today at 01:42:02 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 20, 2024, 08:48:05 PMfrom my experience that would be close to perfect
Thanks a lot for this feedback. Just out of curiosity - have you had any such retrofits done and have you experienced this exhaust size on some car?
I always liked slot mags, but had a soft spot for the look of Cragar S/S wheels and a deep aversion to unilug and the cost.

My car came with Mercury Cougar mags which look like S/S but were chromed steel.  I later replaced them with a set of Appliance Steel Spoke wheels, which are also S/S clones in steel.  Got offered good money by a Cougar driver for the Cougar mags.
Exhaust / Re: Redeye Swap to 70 Cuda - w...
Last post by Chryco Psycho - May 20, 2024, 08:48:05 PM
from my experience that would be close to perfect
Electrical & Audio / Re: Intermittent problem with ...
Last post by Chryco Psycho - May 20, 2024, 08:46:51 PM
Fuel & ign problems can often be confused

Fuel side - lean which seems most obvious to me as you say it stop if you add more fuel , so fuel level & jetting are the first things to check , I find if you are running stock fuel pump increasing the fuel level slightly really helps on Eddy carbs , eddys are also notoriusly lean out of the box & float levels are never close .

Exhaust leak is another possibilty this can change with throttle .

Ign side , weak spring on the points causing floating but would not change with throttle , Weak coil usually breaks down under more load not less but still possible , not enough coil voltage  , poor Ign wires , wrong gap / heat range Cold / poor make , NGK is the worst they love to misfire &  foul

I always runmax timing at idle & limit advance curve , without causing pinging , typically the best is to set your timing near max RPM at idle then hold the rpm at around 3000 rpm & see how much timing you have to back off to get it to run its best , if you have an adjustable timing light   you should get 2 number around 16* & 38* , mechanical advance should get you close by itself , maybe add a few degrees of vacuum or just leave it disconnected .

Electrical & Audio / Re: brake light switch
Last post by Chryco Psycho - May 20, 2024, 08:20:27 PM
Power flows to the switch from the fuse block up through the steering column & turn switch back down to the plug at the kick panel & out to the trunk start testing with an ohm meter for ground with the circuit disconnected from power disconnect sections until the ground goes away , remove the brake lights also as you will have a resistance reading through them .