Main Menu

Recent posts

General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 23, 2024, 10:52:59 PM
1971 Chrysler Charger R/T (Australia)

Time to have some pedestals machined I guess
Guess I lied the other day stating I was gonna thak a break from this.
Worked on tracing wiring and found I missed reconnecting a ground.
Yep that was issue.
Still needs tons of details for actual driving but this is a huge milestone.

As the 2024 Ontario Hot Rod tour draws nigh and my ambition had a momentary blip, I ran the dusty old gal out in the driveway in the shadows and gave 'er a foam bath. Because of logistics, this involved dragging the brides backyard hose through the garage and realizing that I was suffering the embarrassment of having not enough hose ( I know, I know) and having to draft the brides side hose. (she's always been good regarding issues of not enough hose, heh heh) I got cooled off a bit, when I disconnected that hose it went off, since she'd left the valve on. Good thing the water was nice and cold, as my face had suddenly gotten a lot hotter! Muttering bad words and carrying the 50' hose, full of water as it pissed on my foot made a nice beginning to the day's work! I'll get my foam gun, thought I! What a dummy! I found the gun, but none of the Gardena couplings would fit. WTF?! It only took a few trips into the cellar looking where the water gear is kept, to convince me that that was a dry (get it?) hole. Anyways, after I'd finally found the connector, son Nick and I hosed her down, swabbed her and rinsed her. Nick got out the Stihl blower and blew her (be nice). Then we wetted down the garage to lay the dust, as Nick wanted to apply the ceramic kit he'd bought me for Christmas. This is where the defecation hit the oscillation. Following the time honoured custom of semi or not at all following the directions which said do 2 ft sections, this seemed to Nickyboy a waste of time and accordingly, with the permission of his dolt, I mean dad, he applied the coating to the entire car! And then, discovered that it really didn't want to play nice and buff out! There ensued a 3 hour buff-a-thon trying to get this $hit off!! We finally, with the aid of a buffer, got it buffed out about the same time that incipient tennis elbow was threatening to make it impossible. 14 microfibre towels later, it shines! God please keep all the bad dust away from the garage until it's time to take 'er out for the run! Hope you guys had a fun day too!  :cheers:
Quote from: Skdmark on May 23, 2024, 05:32:30 PMHow many speaker's in the dash?
Is the fader a single or double pot?

Originally it had one front & one rear....Joe
General Topics / Re: It never ends
Last post by RUNCHARGER - May 23, 2024, 05:50:52 PM
Being in Canada I do them because I love them. Basically when parts are needed it costs twice as much as in the US because of the Canada fun tax and shipping, then when you're done we can't sell them for as much as they bring in the U.S. I bought this bike for $500 Canadian which was a bargain then put $2500CDN into it. Because I painted and spent time polishing stuff I could probably get $4000CDN for it if I waited. If you bought this particular bike in the states for $500USA, the parts would have cost about $1300USA and they bring about $4000-$5500USA so you might be able to make a few bucks down there. You have to buy the right bike though as some bikes aren't popular and others are.
I'm looking for a Honda CBX, Kawasaki GPZ1100 and another Yamaha VMAX next. I like my bikes to be of the same stock as my cars are, big engines and everything else is secondary!
You can also send your car up here! I'm overdue to restore another E-body and I know them inside out! I kind of stopped doing cars because I won't paint cars at home anymore as I don't need the neighbor hassles anymore.
Here's another bike I did about 3 years ago, I did sell this one for $3500 which is what I had into it plus a bunch of time, it might have pulled $4kUSA though. I wish I had just kept it instead.
How many speaker's in the dash?
Is the fader a single or double pot?
What's It Worth? / Re: 1970 Cuda & Challenger WIW
Last post by Snowdog - May 23, 2024, 04:50:57 PM
Frame rails are good.  Both cars are solid,  bodywork was completed on the entire base structure for both cars, before putting in storage, as mentioned before I would get new fenders for both.  Unfortunately,  I don't have any close pics of the typical E-Body rust areas, before putting in storage.  I'm sure there is some rust pitting in the trunk floor boards on both, but their still solid, remember these have been stored inside your typical self storage area for the last +30 year .  The Challenger engine has plenty of new and old parts for the 440, however I would imagine the block and crank are rusted, even though I put grease and rust preventive on both.  New pistons and rings are available.  Both 440-6 pack rods and Hemi rods are available.  Just let me know what kind of pics you want to see.  The storage area is tight,  so pics will be won't be that great.  I'm pretty sure the Cuda tag is somewhere, just don't know where.  You're welcome to look at the cars, I'm in SE Michigan, near Howell
Engine, Transmission & Rear End / Antifreeze recommendations
Last post by Hood - May 23, 2024, 03:14:02 PM
I'm overdue for a coolant change.  Prestone, Peak...any brand better than the other? Does the color matter?

I've used Prestone in the past (green color) but products are continually being upgraded. Any recommendations would be appreciated.  Thanks
General Topics / Re: It never ends
Last post by 70_440-6Cuda - May 23, 2024, 03:13:04 PM
looks awesome!!!

@RUNCHARGER, question for you - do you restore the bikes to flip, or for your personal collection?  Reason I ask, is I am stalled on my 'Cuda project due to time and space, and would like something like a bike that is a quick turn.  I was actually thinking about basket case type bikes and turning them for a (very) small profit just to have some fun.

I would be in the same boat doin 90%+ of the work myself.  I have heard both yes and no on the viability of the idea