Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 26, 2024, 10:22:41 PMfrom a '70 b-body - there's a part number on the other side above the pan, it will decode the application
Thanks for the information! I appreciate your help on both posts. Here's a photo of the other side.
Quote from: 6bblgt on May 26, 2024, 10:24:40 PMthat's a date stamping & one too many digits - should be DDDY S (day year shift)  your pictures are small, larger would help
Thank you so much for the information. I've attached a larger photo - does this help?
I agree with the shop it would be nicer to not have to go into the door or hood with a blend but I would think they would have to go into the hood either way as the fender is bent along the edge. For 26 and 12 hours labor I would keep searching for a good used fender and the header panel shouldn`t be too hard to find as I have seen good ones for sale locally for $300 or less.
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 26, 2024, 10:34:02 PM
1974 AMC Javelin

Engine, Transmission & Rear End / Re: K Member Identification
Last post by 6bblgt - May 26, 2024, 10:24:40 PM
that's a date stamping & one too many digits - should be DDDY S (day year shift)  your pictures are small, larger would help
Engine, Transmission & Rear End / Re: Transmission Identificaton
Last post by 6bblgt - May 26, 2024, 10:22:41 PM
from a '70 b-body - there's a part number on the other side above the pan, it will decode the application
havent posted in a long time i guess work is the ruler for me, did manage to make some progress on the 71 and just got my 67 home first time in 4 years i think, be nice the thrash on that baby this summer
Engine, Transmission & Rear End / Re: Changing coolant
Last post by 71GranCoupe - May 26, 2024, 05:46:36 PM
Lots of variables. Is the motor the original that has never been rebuilt? If it has been rebuilt, how many miles on it and how long ago. How long did the coolant stay in the motor? Have the hex plugs ever been removed? What did the coolant look like when drained? If you choose to remove the plugs, be sure and use a six point socket or wrench as not to round off the high points. If there was some recent major work on the block before installation and not a bunch of miles on it, probably a good flush would be fine. It comes down to what you are comfortable with. Let us know what you do and how it goes.
Quote from: blown motor on May 26, 2024, 05:36:34 PMDidn't know you'd gotten it back home. How long do you think it will take to get it all back together?

Not sure , waiting on rear taillight's package tray, mobile glass guy to come and install the front and rear glass. Installing the glass in the doors is my least favourite thing....