Main Menu

Recent posts

General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 09, 2024, 10:49:10 PM
1972 Dodge Demon

Roadlamp harness,front light harness and wires that go to the starter relay.I adjusted my pushrod and I am bench bleeding the master cylinder.Will bleed the brakes this weekend and hoping my pedal will improve.
Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 09, 2024, 04:33:13 PM@JH27N0B at $1.87 each, I'd be cutting one open and seeing what was going to be protecting my vintage mopar engine. Oil and filters are one place I won't be bargain hunting.
I'll be happy to send it to you postage due to cut open after I use if you want?  :P
I bought one on a gamble, then when I got home did some online research and the reviews I found said Tough Guards are fine, not like the "orange can of death" Extra Guard. Using one for my generally 500 miles driving cruise season on my car will be no risk. They still had some in the clearance shelf when I was back there a few days later, so I grabbed a few more!  :banana:
I found the forum the oil filter expert guy runs has members that have thousands of posts, about oil filters and oil matters? And we can't get near that volume on a forum dedicated to fascinating E bodies? What is wrong with that picture where members run up thousands and thousands of posts about filters, and members here rarely have even 1000 posts?
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/anyone-using-the-fram-tough-guard.365548/
From what I've found researching oil filters, AC Delco and Fram Extra Guard are the 2 filters to avoid. The rest are safe.

Thanks guys, good info and links.

I think I prefer the weld-to-floor frame rail connectors. I'm sure they're more work to fit and weld but I like the finished look and think they would be a better option for rigidity esp for a convertible.

I also like the firewall to inner fender stiffeners (not sure what they are called) which I hadn't seen before.

I can weld and also bought a plasma cutter so I think with some time and patience I can get it done. One thing I would prefer is to have the car on a rotisserie which I don't have right now...I do have a 4-post lift though.
I used USCT subframe connectors, along with most of the other products to stiffen my chassis.  No regrets.
I'm putting the brake system back together & wondered which harness go over the top of the booster? I know the main does. What about the wire for the road lamps? The harness for the 4 speed doesn't look like it should. I has some sort of a rectangular plastic piece that should be mounted somewhere? Here's a picture of what I have & yes, that green was it's original colour :)
Thank you, Joe 
Parts / Misc For Sale / Re: Frame jig thinking of sell...
Last post by 7E-Bodies - May 09, 2024, 04:37:29 PM
I just welded up a steel fab job for someone and was shocked at steel prices. I'd say this is extremely fair, especially for someone near you or driving through your area.  :twothumbsup:
@JH27N0B at $1.87 each, I'd be cutting one open and seeing what was going to be protecting my vintage mopar engine. Oil and filters are one place I won't be bargain hunting.
R
Interior / Re: Bucket Seat Hinge Cover Bu...
Last post by RayL - May 09, 2024, 04:30:41 PM
@Claudia: I think I'm going to take a shot at making a bracket out of sheet metal and then decide whether or not to purchase a set of buttons from one of the suppliers you linked for me.

Thanks again!
Q
Body Shop / Re: Grill / fender gap? 71 cud...
Last post by Qda71 - May 09, 2024, 03:52:19 PM
Here