Main Menu

Recent posts

Electrical & Audio / Re: Tach Wiring Advice
Last post by Jay Bee - Today at 05:04:07 AM
Odds are you don't have any tach wiring with your standard dash. I had to add it when converting to a rallye dash. See my Post#12 in the link. It shows what I did to mimic the factory, clicking on the pics enlarges them or you can download them too.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/electrical-and-audio/11/harness-meltdown/27741/msg311033#msg311033
Quote from: DeathProofCuda on June 01, 2024, 06:09:25 PMI bought a replacement rubber boot for my pistol grip shifter years ago.  IIRC, it was supposed to be an authentic Mopar replacement part.  At the time I noticed that the rubber material was much stiffer than my original, but didn't think much of it.  Finally installed it today and the material is so stiff that it throws the shifter out of second and fourth gears.  :pullinghair:

https://www.steelerubber.com/gearshift-boot-82-0222-24
General Topics / Re: E-Bodies T Shirts, Apparel...
Last post by torredcuda - Today at 04:58:16 AM
Quote from: 7E-Bodies on June 01, 2024, 06:25:39 PM@torredcuda I have yet to see it, but may have missed it.

I`m not sure it ever showed up, may have been automatically deleted as spam due to having a link?
Interior / Re: Pistol Grip Shifter Boots ...
Last post by torredcuda - Today at 04:53:41 AM
Mine has been in my car a long time and holding up great but don`t remember where I bought it.
Last post by Floyd - Today at 04:47:40 AM
@DeathProofCuda

I did find a soft reproduction but can't remember where I bought it.  It was probably from either DMT or Megaparts.  It is holding up well.
Last post by 1970A-66Challenger - Today at 04:39:17 AM
I recently installed DMT's shifter boot. It is soft and flexible. High quality like every other product of theirs that I have used.
Same as factory pins. Look up the factory manual. Don't recall the torque spec off hand. Tighten only with tires on the ground.
General Topics / Re: Funny pictures, memes, vid...
Last post by 700 AKN - June 01, 2024, 10:41:09 PM
A very important person.
Follow the instructions and see what you see.

General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - June 01, 2024, 10:09:01 PM
1970 Dodge Challenger.  AI render.

AI-2.jpg
F
Electrical & Audio / Tach Wiring Advice
Last post by floorit426 - June 01, 2024, 09:31:59 PM
I changed the distributor on my car. The old unit was a tach drive. I will need to replace that tach, with an electric one. I have a 1970 'cuda, with a standard instrument panel. What would be the best wires to tap into? Is there an existing wire in place, that can be tapped, that already runs to the negative side of the coil?

Thanks,
Bill