Main Menu

Recent posts

Q
Body Shop / Re: Grill / fender gap? 71 cud...
Last post by Qda71 - Today at 03:52:19 PM
Here
@HP2, thank you so much for your detailed reply with pics.  This info is exactly what I need to move forward.  The 295/65R-15 drag radials in the picture are just a tic shy of 2 inches taller than the Nittos (your 30" vs Nitto's advertised 28.3") and I am considering tall(er) front tires - something along the lines of xxx/75R-15 to get the front end up a little.  Looking at old E-body pics at the drag strip, the taller front tires seemed to be the norm rather than the exception.  And yes, I'll definitively have to crank up the T-bars.  Now that all that is resolved, it's off to buy some tires, roll the knife edges & drop plumb lines onto some butcher paper so everything is perfectly positioned side to side.  I appreciate the help from you and @Swamp Donkey
Q
Body Shop / Grill / fender gap? 71 cuda
Last post by Qda71 - Today at 03:47:24 PM
Is it normal ? On the passenger side it has a gap between fender and the front valace behind front bumper? That creates a gap between the grille and the fender aswell i cant see its possible to correct it
Yeah, it's really been eating away at me. I've read soooooooooo many horror stories lately about flat tappets it's not even funny. 
It would be another hit to the pocketbook right now BUT it wouldn't be nearly as costly as having to pull the motor and do it anyway.

I've been hearing really good things about the Lunati Voodoo retro-fit kit, part number 20200712LKLUN. Supposed to make good TQ/HP numbers while still making enough vacuum to run a brake booster. I'll be running a 2800 stall with 3.73 gears so it should be a fairly good fit.

If I do go the Lunati route, can anyone suggest a good place to purchase them from?
Quote from: 7212Mopar on Today at 12:27:47 PMPrice for each side. There are cast iron head option too like Indy Cylinder Heads if you don't like aluminum. Import aluminum heads used to be very cost effective. Not sure if tariffs now makes any difference.

Awesome thank you for this. I think this tilts the scale to rebuilding.
I'd go hydraulic  roller, not worth the risk with the available lifters they are selling these days. I have a Lunati in mine and am happy with it.
Well I bit the bullet and and paid for two new appraisals, one for the Challenger and one for the Charger. The new appraisal for the Challenger is $40,000 vs $32,500 from the first appraiser. I think that's more realistic. The appraisal for the Charger jumped $25,000 which I think is also more realistic but still not over inflated.
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: 1970 AAR Cuda, Hellcat swa...
Last post by anlauto - Today at 12:38:57 PM
It's a shame they destroyed a real AAR Cuda  :looney:
Price for each side. There are cast iron head option too like Indy Cylinder Heads if you don't like aluminum. Import aluminum heads used to be very cost effective. Not sure if tariffs now makes any difference.