Main Menu

Recent posts

X
Body Shop / Re: 71 cuda door glass channel...
Last post by Xghobo - Today at 01:41:37 PM
Drill/grind old one off. Install new one split end with a chisel make an x or a cross then smash with ball pean hammer!
Q
Body Shop / 71 cuda door glass channel pla...
Last post by Qda71 - Today at 01:36:06 PM
How is this one replaced , my plastic piece are broken so the ball wont stay in the track
X
Electrical & Audio / Re: Alternator Bypass Wire Rou...
Last post by xx88man - Today at 01:32:07 PM
I want to buy 2 of these bypass wires. Sent a message to @crackedback some time ago and never got a response. Is he still doing them? Or anyone else making them. I'm in Canada
Quote from: EV2RTSE on Today at 09:26:33 AMIn 68 I believe they first stamped the VIN along the back of the engine by the oil pressure sending unit, then at some point they moved it to the passenger-side rail above the oil pan.

Ok. I'll look by the oil sender. It wasn't on the pad by the pan rail. I know it's not my engine...but...you never know, somebody might be looking for their's....Joe
Interior / Re: Passenger door not opening...
Last post by 57Fury440 - Today at 12:56:21 PM
Anybody?
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: 1970 AAR Cuda, FM3, auto
Last post by JH27N0B - Today at 12:20:08 PM
Quote from: MoparCarGuy on May 16, 2024, 05:55:00 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on April 25, 2024, 06:20:22 PMBS23J0B308420
This BS23J0B308420 car's radiator support VIN looks to be a restamp. Font is entirely wrong. The car also has window louvers and no vinyl top. The louver package required a vinyl top on 1970 Cudas.

One of the other cars in this "AN OFFERING OF OUTSTANDING MOPARS" collection, the FC7 AAR BS23J0B296092, has what appears to be a restamped engine and transmission. The font looks to be the same incorrect stamps. Suspicious.
The estimates for several of these cars is unrealistic and the provenance of at least three of the cars in this group is questionable. The FJ6 BS27H1B206291 Cuda convertible has some crazy claims on the Mecum page. The text claims it is a white billboard car by saying, "This car, documented by a Dave Wise report, indeed is coded V6W on the trim tag for this option."  That is not backed up by the fender tag or other documentation. It is also not coded for billboards, shaker, front & rear elastomeric bumpers or power brakes. These upgraded components do not detract from the car's appearance but claiming it is a billboard car and 1 of 2 because of it is not cool.

We shall see on Friday, 5/17/24 if the market will throw $250k+ at a rare and desirable BS27H1B 340 convertible that has been embellished with upgrades.

Just hammered at $320K.  Add 10% and someone threw $352K at it.
LA cars have both fonts for fender tags. Common knowledge.

I took a quick look at the codes and many were added to the car and were not original. Nice restoration, just coded options were not original to the car.
Summer came fast, long winter and then suddenly summer heat in a week, no real spring. Took the Barracuda out for the summer, started right away, been in winter storage since October. Got the rear window trim off with heat and some cursing. Some big rust holes in the window frame, thats why I had puddles in the rear footwells. Gonna fix with silicone and duct tape for now.  :D
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Challenger R/T SE at Mecum Ind...
Last post by JH27N0B - Today at 09:51:08 AM
This one just hammered for $75K.  With buyers premium that is $82K for a 383 Challenger, which is pretty high!
I saw the car in person when I went down there the other day.  I don't consider myself to be a "tagologist" but I was suspicious of the fender tag.  LA built car tags have a different thinner font.  The font on this tag appears more like the font on Hamtramck cars.  Anybody else have an opinion on it?
 https://www.mecum.com/lots/1117758/1970-dodge-challenger-r-t-se/?aa_id=585371-0

B
Electrical & Audio / Re: Fender turn signals
Last post by Burdar - Today at 09:34:13 AM
https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1970/70_Challenger0024.jpg

Here is the 1970 data book page that says the fender mounted turn signals were not available in an R/T or on the 340 package.(you couldn't see the PS turn signal indicator over the raised hood)

Fender mounted turn signals aren't even listed in the 71 data book.