Main Menu

Recent posts

General Topics / Re: Sugar and Spice, and
Last post by bentpshrods - Today at 09:30:34 AM
        :D
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: Cool 72 Challenger at Mecu...
Last post by JH27N0B - Today at 08:21:31 AM
Quote from: blown motor on Today at 08:09:13 AM@JH27N0B I believe the ugly rubber bumperettes started in 73 rated for a 5 mph impact and then in 74 they were made bigger rated for a 10mph impact. I could be wrong but I seem to recall hearing that at one time.
I call those ones "battering rams" and I think you are correct they were on 73s and 74s.
This car has the optional bumper guards that are the same as were available in '70.  It's shown in this brochure too.
https://www.stockmopar.com/1972-dodge-challenger-brochure.html#google_vignette
@JH27N0B I believe the ugly rubber bumperettes started in 73 rated for a 5 mph impact and then in 74 they were made bigger rated for a 10mph impact. I could be wrong but I seem to recall hearing that at one time.
Last post by JH27N0B - Today at 06:49:04 AM
From the interior pictures you can see the handle for the hood release.
Someone did take it on themselves to spraybomb the trunk black at some point.  You wonder what they were thinking?
The listing claims original paint.  I am planning on attending the auction and will put eyes on the car and see if it looks repainted.  It is hard to believe the engine compartment hasn't been repainted, at a minimum, as its just too clean for a 50 year old car!
I don't know '72s too well, were those bumperettes not available that year?  That car has the same ones one of my '70 Challengers has.
Last post by C_B5 - Today at 06:23:20 AM
Reference to the statement in post #3 "missing hood latch"

The 1972 Challengers that are optioned with the remote hood release (the pull handle release mounted inside the car) do NOT have the main hood release mounted on the grille header panel.

That hood latch release mechanism was deleted with the remote hood release. Since the upper grille header is a molded piece the mounting boss is present on all cars. With the remote hood release, that area on the grille header panel was left empty which actually looks as though something is missing.
I have been with Hagerty since 2010.  I asked for $80,000 coverage on my '70 'cuda.  All I had to do was send a few pics and they agreed.  That was double what I paid for it at the time and they didn't blink.
My understanding about Hagerty is if you insure your vehicle with them at or below what their listed value(s) is you don't need an appraisal. If you go above that number they'd like one. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As an example: Hagerty emailed me that my car's value increased to $72,500.00 CAD. I asked them to increase my coverage to $70K. It was done, no questions asked and I received a bill for the premium increase.
General Topics / Re: E-Bodies T Shirts, Apparel...
Last post by torredcuda - Today at 04:09:02 AM
I need to order at least one new t-shirt. I would suggest puting up teh link on Facebook pages as there is much more traffic there -https://www.facebook.com/groups/1264958710216295  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1537662559842992   https://www.facebook.com/groups/398988605773139   and plenty more. If you are not on FB I`d be happy to post it for you just let me know.
Quote from: anlauto on April 02, 2024, 07:22:32 PMSince switching to Hagerty I don't bother with appraisals....they are a waste of time...
What do you do? Just tell them the value you would like?
T
Body Shop / Re: Black out on cowl for Chal...
Last post by tparker - May 13, 2024, 10:55:04 PM
Not sure if it was certain colors or not, but definitely not all cars got the black out. I'm speaking out my  butt, but I think I have seen some  yellow 70 challengers without the blackout, but mine has it. However, mine has a vinyl top and is a western sport special (a trim upgrade, similar to SE I belive). 

My blackout was fairly rough. A fair amount of overspray, not taped up, just sprayed, probably  before  the fenders and probably after the engine bay