Main Menu

Recent posts

T
General Topics / Re: NATIONWIDE SINGLE CAR TRAN...
Last post by TripleBlk70 - Today at 09:00:05 AM
Well crap. I wish I had seen this thread a few weeks ago, I have a guy coming to pick up my 2008 Shelby GT 500 to take it from MA to IL in an enclosed trailed for me (from my house to my sisters).

I will save your info and keep you in mind for next time.
C
Parts / Misc For Sale / Heater Box NON-A/C Restored
Last post by cudaize - Today at 08:55:47 AM
Restored E-body Non-A/C heater box. 

One of the key items here is that it retains all the original material on the lip of the vent by the passenger foot area.  There was a crack that I scratched out and strengthened with clear resin.  I did not want to do too much work here as I wanted to retain the original look of the fiberglass.  The crack is slightly noticeable on the top and bottom.

I did not restamp any of the parts as the original stampings were all bleached out from sun before I received the box.

Originally from a 70 challenger.

Original heater motor restored with housings zinc plated
Original heater core rebuilt by Glen-Ray Radiators
Brackets and doors are bare steel protected with RPM
Screws zinc plated
Clips parkerized for phosphate finish
Used DMT gasket kit
Back plate is black enamel, I believe this was 1970 only with later ones bare metal.

$1,500.00 plus shipping

Can bring to Carlisle
I am getting a high pitch squealing noise when releasing clutch.  It is particularly noticeable when engaging clutch in first gear (or reverse) but will occur in other gears too. It disappears when the clutch is fully engaged.   It does not appear to be a typical throw out bearing grinding noise that you might hear when engaging clutch.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to diagnose this further.   Thanks!

It is so good to have an update , still waiting for a ride !!
 Glad everything is going well for you !
Nice work!

On the grease fittings you added to the sway bar links, did you drill a matching hole in the bushing so the grease gets to the bar or is just greasing the bushing to link?
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 11, 2024, 10:45:09 PM
1975 Rambler Matador X Coupe

Quote from: blown motor on May 11, 2024, 07:16:36 PMdodg is correct. Here's a picture of my 74.
So if i swapped out my grill for a 70, then i likely dont need them either?
dodg is correct. Here's a picture of my 74.
I disassembled the original sway bar and swapped the worn out bushings with new polys that I discovered from a thread on here.  Fit like a glove aside from being a little tall and needing ground down slightly.  I added grease fittings and rewelded everything back down.  Got the bar in casr grey and did the brackets in gloss black single stage. 

Got the front inside fenders stripped down, epoxy primered, and then undercoated.  I'm not entirely sure what was "factory" but my original fenders were a rusty mess so this should help and protect against rock kickups.

Got the doors in epoxy primer as well.  Prior to remounting I tore the hinges apart and rebuilt them with a kit from Napa for around $20.  The bushings in the kit were a lot taller than the ones you can buy in the baggies and everything fit really well.  My original pins were well worn and one was bent, so I'm glad I did it. 

My next step is to get the fenders and doors mounted and aligned to start the necessary body work which I'm absolutely dreading.