Main Menu

Recent posts

Same as factory pins. Look up the factory manual. Don't recall the torque spec off hand. Tighten only with tires on the ground.
General Topics / Re: Funny pictures, memes, vid...
Last post by 700 AKN - June 01, 2024, 10:41:09 PM
A very important person.
Follow the instructions and see what you see.

General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - June 01, 2024, 10:09:01 PM
1970 Dodge Challenger.  AI render.

AI-2.jpg
F
Electrical & Audio / Tach Wiring Advice
Last post by floorit426 - June 01, 2024, 09:31:59 PM
I changed the distributor on my car. The old unit was a tach drive. I will need to replace that tach, with an electric one. I have a 1970 'cuda, with a standard instrument panel. What would be the best wires to tap into? Is there an existing wire in place, that can be tapped, that already runs to the negative side of the coil?

Thanks,
Bill
D
Interior / Re: Pistol Grip Shifter Boots ...
Last post by DeathProofCuda - June 01, 2024, 09:06:31 PM
@Floyd

Found an old post of your on Moparts from 2013 discussing a similar issue.  You ever get any resolution on this?
Quote from: daaboots on May 31, 2024, 01:59:58 PMCongrats on getting it fired up!

Seems to only want to fireup every once and awhile. Still feels like a grounding issue.
Will be checking deeper and also starting to rewire properly.
Quote from: Brads70 on May 31, 2024, 06:20:58 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on May 31, 2024, 06:18:25 PMCursed at it. :pullinghair:

Electrical is my nemesis....
It is only starting every other day. There still seems to be a grounding issue.
Refinement of electrical was in the plans at a logical pace. Not all at once. Now will have to be front and center.

bought a pair of those greasable LCA pivot from hotchkis, they are labeled pro forged on them, I went to install them yesterday - no instructions and Hotchkis wasn't picking up calls yesterday.  I've seen online torque specs from 60 ft/lbs to 90 ft/lbs - and with the original specs being closer to 130 just wanted to see what this site says is the correct number, thanks.  Could wait till Monday but I have a full day tomorrow to actually work on my car for the first time in awhile.
Interior / Re: Pistol Grip Shifter Boots ...
Last post by Racer57 - June 01, 2024, 07:34:38 PM
Quote from: DeathProofCuda on June 01, 2024, 06:19:49 PM10 or so years ago, I bought a replacement shifter boot for my pistol grip shifter.  IIRC, it was supposed to be a genuine MOPAR replacement part.  At the time I noticed that the rubber material was much stiffer and less supple than my torn up original, but didn't think much of it.  Today I finally got around to installing it.  The boot material is so stiff that it throws the shifter out of second and fourth gears.

Anybody know of a "good" replacement boot?

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/mopar-e-body-70-74-b-body-71-74-shifter-boot-screws-rp34m/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4PS19927hgMV-3BHAR2bjgiuEAQYASABEgJdWvD_BwE

I'm tempted to try this one from DMT since they actually state that the material is soft.  Can anyone vouch for this one?

Thanks

Without knowing it, you may have come across a cheap "quick shifter".  Hit the clutch and it shifts on its own ! :D :D   Seriously, any chance you have it positioned it while it was in gear instead of neutral ?
General Topics / Re: E-Bodies T Shirts, Apparel...
Last post by 7E-Bodies - June 01, 2024, 06:28:08 PM
@Claudia that would be great. We've had a member offer a handsome contribution as well. They can feel free to tag themself if they wish.