Main Menu

Recent posts

Not reproduced as far as I know.  Wuite the unicorn part.
The thread that BIGS started about Napa gold filters no longer being made in the US got me oil filter shopping. I live in Canada but I'm in the US regularly so I shop both sides of the border. A 12 pack of WIX 51515 filters from Amazon USA with NY state sales tax of 8% and exchange to Canadian dollars will cost me $118 and I would pick them up when I'm there. That same box of filters bought through Amazon Canada and add on 13% Ontario and federal sales tax would cost me $342!!! :Thud: The only unknown is where the filters are made but I'm going to order a case and see. If they're made in China...well, at least Amazon has an easy return policy.

Are the HEMI air cleaner lids for N94 hood reproduced?  If not, are the original lids worth more than a standard lid?
I realize this is an older thread and the eBay listing is most likely no longer valid.  I was just curious about rarity and value.

Thank you
Body Shop / Re: Body guys, has anyone done...
Last post by 7E-Bodies - Today at 08:09:55 AM
Seeing some good advice here. Thanks guys. I've already mig welded my door gaps to a dead nuts 3/16" (something I'm actually good at) and aligned body panels laser straight while double checking meticulously with a 3' straight edge, so I'll be doing the body filler on the gaps now that I've heard some testimony on this. I may forego the 52# door weights suggested by @Cuda Cody (making up for window/hardware weight in doors) during this phase as I don't want that kind of weight on the unibody while on rotisserie. I'll include a link for one of a couple channels I watch. I think this guy is the best. I've watched him on 3 E bodies. He does the gap bondo as well, yet never quite explains that part.
https://youtu.be/jfZLriCoNyM?si=o8fJJL6_r3GqM0FD
PS: I did use Cody's 52# door weight idea during initial panel alignment and quarter panel replacements. I really like that.
B
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: 1973 Cuda, 340 4spd, JA5, ...
Last post by Burdar - Today at 07:41:27 AM
As original as it is, I'd like to see the bumper guards put back on the front.
B
Last post by Burdar - Today at 07:36:00 AM
The guy that painted my car does it this way.  All the gaps are tightened up beforehand and all door/trunk weatherstrips are installed.  He muds right over the gaps and sands across them.  Once the sanding is done, he cuts through the filler and cleans up the edges.
I'd get it to the point it's making the noise. Shut it off and stick my candy thermometer in the fluid reservoir. What temp. is the fluid? Did the cooler and fluid change have any effect? If not, i'd say it's pump time.
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by cuda hunter - Today at 05:48:15 AM
I like that one too. 
One cool thing about the computer generated images is that I can see different options and generate different ideas.
B
Last post by Blowout - Today at 05:19:30 AM
I did this on my Chevelle after I welded up gaps that were too wide.  But once I aligned the doors as best as I could, I ran coats like your picture above and block sanded the two panels together.  Very messy, and a very long process but it sure did help get the panels to all flow together and it turned out really well.  As stated above, I would cut the body filler, and then use a paint stick with sandpaper and sand down the gaps so that the width of the gap was consistent all the way around the door.  The stick with sandpaper worked for me as for as the perfect gap width, yours might be different. 

Once thing to watch for, if you have a low spot between the two panels, the body filler will make a thicker edge on your door for example and will look oblivious that the body filler is thicker there.  So getting your panels right before is key to that.  That was the hardest part I thought.
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 07, 2024, 11:35:04 PM
1971 Plymouth Cuda

Remember 99.9% of these customs are computer generated.
It's getting harder to tell what's real.

:perfect10: