Main Menu

Recent posts

I really appreciate all the response about the date and date codes. After a message from a member about date codes on the fender tag, it was then that I looked at the door tag and the car did have a delayed delivery date for the following month. With being a new model year and since the car came with many options, it was more than likely the line was waiting for parts to finish it. I attached a picture of the door tag showing it was not finished/shipped until 9-1969. With this in mind, the dated master cylinder could possibly be within the time frame of being correct. At least it is close.
Parts / Misc For Sale / for sale driver side mirror
Last post by mopar jack - Today at 12:43:14 PM
For sale driver side mirror that I removed from my 71 barracuda. The chrome is ok but the glass is aged. Located in northern California. Asking $50 plus shipping.
Started work on the dash harness. I had to replace the engine side of the bulkhead connection box. It took about 45 minutes for me to change all the wires over. I cleaned each one and checked for corrosion. I have installed the black and red wires to do the alternator bypass and will not run it through the bulkhead connection box. For now, I connected both ammeter wires together on one ammeter post and will be installing a voltmeter gauge in the blank spot on the standard instrument cluster. The plastic on the connection box had too much damage for me to reuse. I'm checking all wires with a multimeter(ohms). I'm checking all bulb sockets for corrosion. I was surprised this harness is not all hacked up like most of the originals are. I only found one plug missing and it went to the parking brake pedal. I replaced it.  A few photos to show.
Terry W.
Was setting upright posts when laser level crapped out. ARRRGGH! Good news is Amazon will refund me the cost. I have another hopefully better one on the way.
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: 1970 Challenger T/A, FE5, ...
Last post by headejm - Today at 10:56:17 AM
Prime example of why you should always do the core/radiator support blackout on a repaint. Really bothers me to see the body color showing through the grille.   :Thud:
Body Shop / Re: rocker gills need repainti...
Last post by cudaragtop - Today at 09:38:28 AM
I didn't follow anyone else's method, I just did it the way I did it... several hours doing this way...
I masked the Argent and painted the Black first. Then I masked the Black and painted the Argent.
Happy with how it turned out and has lasted since May of 2014 when I did it.

The 90 is physically larger than the 70.
I haven't seen a direct side by side comparison of dimensions but the 90 is slightly larger and longer with different rear mounting hole locations. Will require a different driveline than the 70 or modification.

Link to a 70 to 90 swap. Not an E-Body but some useful info.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/8hp70-to-8hp90-swap-useful-info-for-the-next-guy.189355/
Letting some project creep sneek in.
Slight detour but still part of "finish everything I touch" mode.
Steering coupler required rebuilding.
70 is 700nm 90 is 900 nm
@TX9AAR
This AAR (BS23J0B302169) is not my restoration.  Would love to own a second one, but my only AAR is shown in the photo below.