Main Menu

Recent posts

General Topics / Re: Mopar Drag racing pix & vi...
Last post by Brads70 - Today at 01:09:18 PM
@Chryco Psycho  they almost named a car after you?
What's It Worth? / Re: 1970 Cuda & Challenger WIW
Last post by Snowdog - Today at 12:55:00 PM
Here's pic of the Challenger's fender tag decode sheet.  Thanks for the links to those Challengers,  not to sound like one of those "I know what I got guys".  But those have a ton more rust and parts missing.  Their floor boards are in pretty sad shape on those cars.

Thanks, again!

M
Last post by mtull - Today at 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Today at 12:35:41 PMIt's there, under the lower LH pic of the Cuda on the trailer.  Its not a pic, just scanned in PDF of the decoded fender tag, more like a link.  I can post a pic if needed.  Let me know.
Quote from: Snowdog on Today at 12:35:41 PMjust scanned in PDF

Got it.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I have a flare for missing the obvious.   :thankyou:  :thankyou:
Last post by Snowdog - Today at 12:35:41 PM
It's there, under the lower LH pic of the Cuda on the trailer.  Its not a pic, just scanned in PDF of the decoded fender tag, more like a link.  I can post a pic if needed.  Let me know.
M
Last post by mtull - Today at 12:26:50 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Today at 11:59:28 AMThe Challenger fender tag decoder sheet is just below the pics

It may be just me but I don't see a pic of the decoded tag?
Last post by Snowdog - Today at 11:59:28 AM
Ok, thanks.  The Challenger fender tag decoder sheet is just below the pics.  As far as rust goes,  there is nothing major that you can put your fist thru, aka like the floor board, trunk floor gone, they're all still there.  I'd say the rust is average:  the Challenger had the typical rust on the fenders at the headlight braces.  R/H full rear quarter panel was replaced when I had it, due rust bubbles starting the wheel lip.  Similar rust on the Cuda, I do have the hood and fender for.  Maybe, a better way to describe the rust situation is what I would replace.  Challenger:  Both fenders, possibly the inner fenders and new hood, just don't have a hood I like, I have flat hoods and a mid pro-stock hood, would prefer the RT style hood. The Cuda: Both fender should be replaced, the inner fender are new, have a good rally hood for it.  Sorry,  I don't have better description on the rust, but that's subjective and vary with everybody.  But, their not California cars for sure, but not as bad most E-body basket cases you see on FBM. 
Sorry this happened. Glad the damage is localized to the fender. I would think buying AMD replacement saves labor cost trying to repair the old or repair prep a used fender. New side marker lens and salvage hardware, wheel well trim. A body shop should be able to use fiberglass to repair the header panel which is fiberglass. Paint and paint matching, the fender stripe to complete the repair. If the rest of the existing fender is good shape, someone might be able to use parts off it to make repair of theirs.
Parts Wanted / Re: Convertible pass glass
Last post by 69 500 - Today at 09:26:12 AM
call me 304 797 0607 have Nos
L
Parts Wanted / Re: Fender mounted turn signal...
Last post by larry4406 - Today at 08:57:52 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on Today at 08:22:28 AMI Believe the left, 72 challenger chrome blinker was also used on the 72 barracuda. 

I agree. That's what mine look like on my '72 Cuda.
So far i have filed a claim to the "show" insurance held by the auto club.   However they have yet to contact me other than acknowledging the claim.   The agency says they dont know what is going to happen next as they have never had a claim filed against them. 

Meanwhile question for all you body shop guys.   Classic Industries sales a new Dodge Challenger 72-74 fender for $399 made by AMD supposedly in OEM gauge steel complete with the headlight brackets, etc.  Question that i have...New or a used one ?  AMD says its 20 gauge and original was 18 to 19.   Suggestions and recognize i have not yet come across a good used one, and i dont know if mine is fixable or not.