Main Menu

Recent posts

The 90 is physically larger than the 70.
I haven't seen a direct side by side comparison of dimensions but the 90 is slightly larger and longer with different rear mounting hole locations. Will require a different driveline than the 70 or modification.

Link to a 70 to 90 swap. Not an E-Body but some useful info.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/8hp70-to-8hp90-swap-useful-info-for-the-next-guy.189355/
Letting some project creep sneek in.
Slight detour but still part of "finish everything I touch" mode.
Steering coupler required rebuilding.
70 is 700nm 90 is 900 nm
@TX9AAR
This AAR (BS23J0B302169) is not my restoration.  Would love to own a second one, but my only AAR is shown in the photo below.

Q
Electrical & Audio / 1971 cuda idle solenoid wiring
Last post by Qda71 - Today at 08:06:11 AM
Where does it go in The main harness mine are cut and laying on the intake manifold! A diagram or a picture would help alot

God bless
Body Shop / Re: rocker gills need repainti...
Last post by 1970 cuda Joe - Today at 07:54:15 AM
I didn't have any issues with that link & found the article quite enlightening....Joe
Body Shop / Re: rocker gills need repainti...
Last post by Racer57 - Today at 07:27:07 AM
Quote from: MoparCarGuy on May 01, 2024, 08:28:40 PMThe Rocker Panel Gills and the process to paint them from Mopar Connection magazine.
Also, the pinch weld below the gills is blacked out with flat black.
Delete this site please. It has fake links that say your computer is locked up due to a virus and you cannot exit from it. But a simple reboot takes care of it.

Thank you very much @MoparCarGuy

Really cool to see that JH23J0B309997 is not a clone. 
General Topics / Re: NO MORE NAPA GOLD FILTERS
Last post by blown motor - Today at 06:53:44 AM
I called my local NAPA store yesterday and asked the manager about this. Conveniently there was a NAPA trade show last night which she was going to and she asked the rep about this. In Canada NAPA Gold is still made by WIX. In the US it's about 50%, split geographically. WIX wants to move to only producing OEM filters so it's expected that over time they will move completely away from making filters for NAPA. So I guess if the filter says Made in USA it may be safe to assume that it's made by WIX.
Quote from: anlauto on Today at 04:18:40 AMIf the shoulder belt is optional, as in our 70-73 E Bodies, then it's optional to wear it. Of course the lap belt is mandatory. That's my understanding.
Was the shoulder belt optional in E body hardtops?  I've only seen that option code for convertibles.  I have never seen a convertible with that option so don't even know what it looks like.  Perhaps the rarest E body option?
In the late 70s into the 80s I don't recall how often I wore my seatbelt.  They made it a law sometime in the mid to late 80s here that wearing seatbelts was mandatory.  I learned to fly in the late 80s and seatbelts are required, and I think that really instilled the need to be diligent about using seatbelts.
In 1991 I was critically injured in a plane crash, and if memory serves I had a diagonal bruise across my shoulder and chest where my shoulder belt was.  I doubt I'd be alive if I hadn't been wearing it.  The shoulder belt hasps in those Cessnas were loose fitting and tended to come loose while flying, and not long before my accident, my club had installed some little plastic keepers in the shoulder belt hasps to keep the belt from coming unhitched.  I may owe my life to that repair!
When the Cirrus airplane was designed in the 90s to be a revolutionary new design with many safety features including a ballistic parachute, one safety feature is the yoke (steering wheel for non pilots) is only half a conventional yoke and installed off to the side instead of directly in front of the pilot.  The reason is that when they were researching accidents, they found that a large % of fatal injuries to pilots in crashes was thoratic injuries from the pilots torso impacting the yoke.  So they designed one that is off to the side to prevent that.
I have become so dedicated to seat belt usage that when I bought my '71 Challenger at an auction in 2010, when I noticed it had no lap belts, I decided that when I came back the next day, I was going to bring the drivers seat lap belts that were stored in a box for my then stalled out T/A project, and install them for my 25 mile drive home in it.  My first purchase after I got it was a set of repro seat belts from BE&A.
When I watch car reality shows like graveyard cars and Iron Resurrection, I always cringe when they go for a test drive and I don't see them wearing belts.  I'd hate to see Amanda fly through a windshield! :o   Mark Worman, well maybe  :P
Of course my convertible has no shoulder belt so I am at risk cruising in that.  I do wear the shoulder belt in my hardtops.