Main Menu

Recent posts

Electrical & Audio / For the first time in 40 years...
Last post by BIGSHCLUNK - Today at 08:08:00 AM
I need to buy a battery! Ok, crazy I know, but let me explain....  As some of you know I'm an auto recycler (used late model parts dealer in reality). Every time NIKKI has needed a battery I would just grab a battery out of the yard and done. NIKKI is not number match/show car/everything need to be correct/ect. So a battery from a Caravan/Jeep or my fav - Ford pickup always worked well for me. The issue is, I only buy "late model", none of my current inventory has a battery in the correct configuration. Also CCA is an issue... 4/6 cyl vehicles don't require much in the line of CCA. 426 HEMI has needs that they wont meet. So what are you running?  :notsure:  :help:       
It looks from the photo that the header panel might be able to be repaired. I'd take everything apart once you make your decision on the report filing and with the insurance company. Decide what can be repaired and what must replaced, then go from there. You may be able to do a lot of it yourself. Youtube can be your friend in the repairs if you tackle it yourself.
 Terry W.
Parts Wanted / Need 72-74 front header panel
Last post by chargerdon - Today at 07:34:34 AM
My 74 Challenger was involved in a parking lot mishap.  Now my front header panel that surrounds both headlights has a gouge in the drivers side piece that goes in front of the headlight.   

So, i need a good used header panel.   Anyone have an extra or know of where to look to find one ? 
Sux big time... sorry
Man that's terrible.  I'm sure Hagerty will take care of you but it still sucks.
Insurance companies try to recoup losses on claims, and will go after the owner of the golf cart and/or whomever authorized the careless driver to use it.  I hope that doesn't jeopardize future shows there, but that's just how it works with insurance claims.
I go to a lot of car events and get nervous about damage.  Last year I had two close calls at cruises.  First one, I arrived and entered behind a high end custom car owned by a well known custom shop.  He crept along with me behind him, people taking pics and such as we slowly wound down the aisles in the lot.  We get by the DJ who yells to the guy he saved a spot for him.  The guy then pulls off to the right, at the end of the aisle, I proceed left to continue seeking a parking spot.  Well he pulls up 50', the starts backing up.  Tiny rear window and no one guiding him.  I'm like oh sh!t he's going to back into me!!  I gunned it, I'm in my vert and I can see all the spectators jaws dropping watching the impending crash.  I kept going, no one in front of me.  Somehow he missed me thank goodness. How could he be so careless not having anyone guiding him in a car with next to no rear visibility??
Then a few months later an old codger in an ancient Model T arrives at a cruise, seems to be having trouble with the clutch and steering.  Starts backing up jerking and heaving, backing right toward the rear quarter of my convertible.  I yelled Stop and he did, he apologized and was more careful then getting his car in the spot.  Makes me think it's too risky to take my car to events!
Electrical & Audio / Re: Intermittent problem with ...
Last post by dodj - Today at 06:18:58 AM
I like Bullitt idea too just plug the vac adv. Then go for a45 minute drive.  No I can't see that causing the restart issue but you may have a starter heat soak issue along with the ignition or fuel/ air issue
yes, its showcarsbob  as the vendor.   Darn...  i dont see any used ones on ebay...any suggestions where to look ?   I dont want to have to go to Carlisle ... 

Well that's a pain in the a$$. Hope whatever path you choose it works out. No easy choices there.

I have a header panel that it not in good shape,  but if you end up repairing your existing one,  it may be able to donate a section.  I'm in Canada though. Shipping is a little high when you cross the border.
here is the picture
Ah man , so sorry to hear this. I'll be very shortly getting mine back from the body shop after an accident that happened almost 2 years ago now. I had trouble finding someone to work on it till last Feb. I also have Hagerty and they were really great to work with.
AS for the header panel out of Canada , if its this place  showcars-bodyparts
I'd suggest looking else ware.... they have a horrible reputation. Find a good used one!
Sucks that this happened but at the beginning of car show season too is a real kick in the pants!