Main Menu

Recent posts

General Topics / Re: NO MORE NAPA GOLD FILTERS
Last post by Brads70 - Today at 02:58:03 PM
I've been using WIX  51515R it has a finer micron rating.
Last post by BIGSHCLUNK - Today at 02:28:24 PM
12-15 sounds about right.... but I was talking heavy equpt
Body Shop / Re: rocker gills need repainti...
Last post by 1970 cuda Joe - Today at 02:18:46 PM
Yes. There is black paint on the flats...Joe
Body Shop / rocker gills need repainting
Last post by Racer57 - Today at 02:04:16 PM
Time to repaint. Is there supposed to be black paint on flat part ?
To me it is safety first. These old cars were not design to absorb energy in an accident like newer cars. I replaced the stock belts with a three point belts for safety and convivence. I know, it is not stock and the shoulder belt is at less than ideal location.
Last post by JH27N0B - Today at 12:26:27 PM
Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on Today at 12:09:29 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on Today at 09:31:21 AMThe prices I have seen at O Reillys for Wix filter is nearly what I paid for a 5qt jug of synthetic oil last weekend.  :rubeyes:
Filters have gotten pricey for sure. Got a WIX 51199 for my New Holland this morning, my cost $42 an change

Last I looked at O Reillys all the filters on the WIX shelf were $12-15 each.  I got a jug of Pennzoil Synthetic 0W20 at Menards on sale last weekend for $19 minus their 11% rebate offer. So around $17 for 5 quarts of oil! Almost the same cost as a oil filter at O Reillys. :rolleyes:
Last post by JH27N0B - Today at 12:20:31 PM
Quote from: Rich G. on Today at 11:19:59 AMWhat part number are you using for the Wix oil filter?
Depends on what your application is.
But for most of the muscle era Mopar Motors, the Wix 51515 is the correct one.  There is a equivalent but shorter version too, I don't recall the part number off the top of my head though. It might be the 51068?
Seeing this post inspired me to go on Rock Autos website and see what their pricing is since O Reillys is expensive.
It seemed like Wix offerings were leaner on cars I checked.  I hope they are not phasing out their availability?  They listed a WIX for my daily driver close out with 1 available for $3.  I thought great, I will buy that! I added a few more filters to my order and when I went to check out, their old shipping charge from 2 locations game started.  I tried dropping items out of my cart to see if I could get to just a single shipping charge, but no dice.  And paying $7.99 shipping for my 1 close out filter added up to around what I would pay just going to O Reillys!  I ended up getting 3 filters, 2 WIX and one Mopar, for $30 shipped.  Still OK but not great.  I get frustrated with Rock Autos Shipping situation!
A few weeks ago I was at a Meijers store and noticed a bunch of Fram items on a closeout shelf.  I saw some Toughgard TG8As there for under $2 each.  Despite my reservations about Fram, I bought one and looked online when I got home.  Reviews of the Tough Gards seemed positive unlike the "Orange Can of Death" Extra Guard, so I bought 2 more the next time I was there.
I'm pretty well stocked for oil and filters now!
Last post by BIGSHCLUNK - Today at 12:09:29 PM
Quote from: JH27N0B on Today at 09:31:21 AMThe prices I have seen at O Reillys for Wix filter is nearly what I paid for a 5qt jug of synthetic oil last weekend.  :rubeyes:
Filters have gotten pricey for sure. Got a WIX 51199 for my New Holland this morning, my cost $42 an change
Last post by Rich G. - Today at 11:19:59 AM
What part number are you using for the Wix oil filter?
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by Deezel - Today at 11:06:32 AM
Crossing the block at Mecum Indy on May 18th