Main Menu

Recent posts

Thanks for pointing that out!
Quote from: erat340 on February 04, 2024, 07:30:30 PMThank you. I have a rh inner pad rattling and have tried that clip but it did not help.
The anti rattle spring only affects the outboard pad. For the inner pad try applying hi temp silicone brake grease to the face of the caliper piston to reduce rattle
Quote from: cudaragtop on May 02, 2024, 09:13:37 AMThe 90 is physically larger than the 70.
I haven't seen a direct side by side comparison of dimensions but the 90 is slightly larger and longer with different rear mounting hole locations. Will require a different driveline than the 70 or modification.

Link to a 70 to 90 swap. Not an E-Body but some useful info.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/8hp70-to-8hp90-swap-useful-info-for-the-next-guy.189355/
Got it thanks. I hope it's not remarkably larger and fits into our current transmission tunnel. I know the rear mount is slightly misaligned compared to 8HP70 and that can be accomodated quite easily I believe.
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 02, 2024, 11:01:17 PM
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee

engine and trans restamped.
I removed the booster & put it in a vise where I could see a retainer holding the outer seal. I removed the retainer & seal & looked inside the booster. I noticed a square retainer which when removed would allow the stem to be removed. I removed the stem & cleaned the threads with my bead blaster. I had to use heat to loosen the threads. As it turns out, it a bolt & not a cap as I originally thought. I made my .020 gap using the tool from a previous post & it's ready to return to the car. I had other things to do while the booster was out so it all worked out.....Joe
This topic reminds me of what happened to one of my hero, the late Dale Earnhardt. It was a dark day for NASCAR. From there on, more safety features, more belts are required today in motorsports. A standard three point belt setup is really minimal. Lap belt alone or not wearing any, I just wonder why take the chances.
General Topics / Re: 1971 cuda billboards displ...
Last post by 69Hurstsc - May 02, 2024, 01:43:01 PM
12 locked in. Outstanding on these.

GB7 Evening Blue Metallic
GF3 Amber Sherwood Metallic
EL5 Bahama Yellow
GT2 Tunisian Tan Metallic
GY9 Tawny Gold Metallic
I really appreciate all the response about the date and date codes. After a message from a member about date codes on the fender tag, it was then that I looked at the door tag and the car did have a delayed delivery date for the following month. With being a new model year and since the car came with many options, it was more than likely the line was waiting for parts to finish it. I attached a picture of the door tag showing it was not finished/shipped until 9-1969. With this in mind, the dated master cylinder could possibly be within the time frame of being correct. At least it is close.
Parts / Misc For Sale / for sale driver side mirror
Last post by mopar jack - May 02, 2024, 12:43:14 PM
For sale driver side mirror that I removed from my 71 barracuda. The chrome is ok but the glass is aged. Located in northern California. Asking $50 plus shipping.