Main Menu

Recent posts

P
Parts / Misc For Sale / For sale shaker grills
Last post by procuda - Today at 08:03:40 AM
For sale shaker grills.  Left is original and right is a reproduction.  Asking 400 for the pair . Thanks
General Topics / Re: NATIONWIDE SINGLE CAR TRAN...
Last post by Bills Auto Works - Today at 07:50:50 AM
Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank all the customers on my schedule for their patience & understanding as I dealt with a minor health issue with Myself & also my Wife (different issue, same time). I am back running & getting caught up as quickly as humanly possible.

Around the 1st of June, I should have an enclosed transport spot available from Washington, Idaho, Western Montana or possibly Oregon down to Southern California, Arizona or the Las Vegas area.

Sometime in late June or early July I will be delivering in Southern Maine & will then have an enclosed spot available from New England back towards Ohio, but will consider many other delivery locations.

This is my 42 year in business with 4.5 million accident free transport miles. Please see this link for hundreds of all Positive feedback posted by the actual customers, Not By Me!

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

I am always available to quote prices, discuss transport options or recommend one of the small handful of gentlemen I trust 100% with my customer overflow, so you don't get screwed by the bottom feeders!

Thank You & God Bless
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
(216)832-8697 No Texts
billsautoworks1@aol.com

February - March 2008

The shop doing the work on my car was in a state of flux at this time and I was getting knee-deep in several situations beyond my control. In hindsight, I can easily see that I essentially slept-walked my way through the process - it was friends, what could possibly go wrong? (::) - but when you're in the middle of things without a firm plan to stick to, it's often difficult to see the forest for the trees so to speak. So I slogged on with other aspects of my R/T SE's return from the dead.

The motor that was in this car when I purchased it is not original to the car, with a cast date of May 1971 and corresponding 346 heads. It cleaned up well and was rebuilt with a thirty-thousandths overbore. With the Eastwood Cast Grey exhaust manifold coating and Orange Engine Paint, she really looked nice.

The wife and I certainly planned on being there, but her family reunion put the timing kibosh on things this year. Added to that was the budget not being where we'd like after paying for marriage related expenses as I discovered that an inexpensive marriage gets filed under 'the best laid plans...' these days.   :bigmoney:  :-[

We're wishing a great time for everyone attending!
Quote from: GoMangoBoys on May 10, 2024, 03:54:26 PM@torredcuda   I am staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites New Cumberland.  This is on Beacon Hill Rd if I recall, just up the hill from the Holiday Inn that you and I both stayed in either last year or the year before.  I like the Fairfield better because it is a shorter walk to the bar next door. :)
Ha,ha!   :cheers:  I started staying at Holiday Inn Express because the wife likes the free breakfests (me also) so continue to go there as I get reward points even though she hasn`t come to Carlisle with me for probably 6 years or so. IIRC this years stay will cost me less than $60 for four nights Wednesday thru Sunday.  :bigmoney:
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 10, 2024, 10:22:55 PM
1966 Dodge A-100

Make sure to remove the seats and carpeting before you weld. Have a good, large extinguisher handy at all times in your shop.
I won't be doing any drag racing or auto cross, but it's possible I'd take it out to Thompson Speedway for a vintage car track day event from time to time.

And I definitely want to be able to drive the car hard without worrying about twisting it up or having it fall apart on me. I figure if I take the time and effort to brace and stiffen it now while I'm doing everything else I will be in good shape for years to come.
Can someone tell me where these bars attache?
Quote from: VCODE on May 10, 2024, 09:20:29 AMThis is the only correct brake linkage for a 70 E body. Its the only arm the has a groove around it for the anti rattle spring and has E stamp on it. It is also the only one piece all welded together.

What you have is the pieces I now have minus the one to the pedal. Mine say B/E which is 1971. Thank you for the pictures....Joe