Main Menu

Recent posts

Electrical & Audio / Re: Fender turn signals
Last post by 57Fury440 - May 16, 2024, 11:25:43 PM
The 72 Barracuda I purchased new from the factory does not have the fender turn signals you list. The car I have came with the 70 style which does not have the screw going through the top like the later 73/74 models. I ordered the light package, and they were part of that, and they are chrome.
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by 700 AKN - May 16, 2024, 11:18:32 PM
1971 Plymouth Road Runner

Interior / Passenger door not opening usi...
Last post by 57Fury440 - May 16, 2024, 10:13:38 PM
On one of the E bodies we have the passenger door will not open from the inside. It is a 1974 Barracuda and it worked fine until a few days ago. I took off the door panel and the rod is connected to the door handle and seems to be connected to the latch as well. I shot some lubricant in there to make sure everything is loose. The handle on the outside works perfectly. Has anyone here dealt with this problem? I figure to remove the latch to see what's going on. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.
General Topics / Re: HOT RODS,RAT RODS,CUSTOMS,...
Last post by Chryco Psycho - May 16, 2024, 09:14:21 PM
The Blue 71 Charger looks similar to the one I had .
T
General Topics / Re: Lets Get Personal .....
Last post by TripleBlk70 - May 16, 2024, 06:32:30 PM
First of all, HAT'S OFF TO ALAN, because anyone who can make a living restoring cars for 32 years has got to be something special.

My name is Dan, and I am 61 years old. I got into mopars back in high school because when I was a little boy my uncle (who lived with us and shared my room for a while when he came back from serving in the Vietanm war) bought a 68 charger and I always thought that was a cool car.

So I bought a 68 383 car for $400 and turned it from the green bomber in the pic below to the black beauty you see. I soon found a 70 challenger 440 RT 4speed car, so I sold the charger and bought the challenger for $1,400! Sadly no pics of the challenger.

Fast forward and I am now in the process of building a 70 challenger convertible that I bought, with a 392 hemi/8spd trans. Re-living my mis-spent youth.

Nice. Thank you....Joe
T
General Topics / Any MA e-body peeps nearby?
Last post by TripleBlk70 - May 16, 2024, 06:18:45 PM
Hey there,

I'm in Hopkinton MA, so basically 495 just southeast of the MA Pike. Wondering if anyone on this forum lives in the general area? I'd like to meet up with some fellow mopar fanatics, maybe at Gillette on one of the Thursday events or another local cruise this year.

I'm building a 70 challenger convertible with a 392 hemi, so seeing a car that's been completed like that would be very helpful to me, and talking to someone who's done the work would be invaluable.
That is the engine serial number from the engine assembly plant.

PT = Trenton engine plant
2512 Julian 10,000 day calendar Thursday, June 13, 1968.
2044 serial number

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/motor/36.html
I've got a sniper on a 318 / 904 with a 7-1/4 and 2.76 gears. Going on 3 years of having it installed.
Will try to help.

Did you just install it or have had it for awhile and it's acting up?
It takes a couple hundred miles to get the closed loop computer learning to even out.
Later on you can download the fuel table and manually fine tune it.

Any issues on going 2-3?

What did you use for kickdown linkage?
I had to do a couple mods to my stock setup to get the proper throw.

Are you running the hyperspark distributor with timing control?
Cars For Sale or Wanted / Re: 1970 AAR Cuda, FM3, auto
Last post by MoparCarGuy - May 16, 2024, 05:55:00 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on April 25, 2024, 06:20:22 PMBS23J0B308420
This BS23J0B308420 car's radiator support VIN looks to be a restamp. Font is entirely wrong. The car also has window louvers and no vinyl top. The louver package required a vinyl top on 1970 Cudas.

One of the other cars in this "AN OFFERING OF OUTSTANDING MOPARS" collection, the FC7 AAR BS23J0B296092, has what appears to be a restamped engine and transmission. The font looks to be the same incorrect stamps. Suspicious.
The estimates for several of these cars is unrealistic and the provenance of at least three of the cars in this group is questionable. The FJ6 BS27H1B206291 Cuda convertible has some crazy claims on the Mecum page. The text claims it is a white billboard car by saying, "This car, documented by a Dave Wise report, indeed is coded V6W on the trim tag for this option."  That is not backed up by the fender tag or other documentation. It is also not coded for billboards, shaker, front & rear elastomeric bumpers or power brakes. These upgraded components do not detract from the car's appearance but claiming it is a billboard car and 1 of 2 because of it is not cool.

We shall see on Friday, 5/17/24 if the market will throw $250k+ at a rare and desirable BS27H1B 340 convertible that has been embellished with upgrades.