Main Menu

On it’s way!

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 24, 2019, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

All the worry and hand wringing is finally over. Closed the deal on my new 1971 Barracuda convertible a couple weeks ago, got payment and paperwork all squared away and I had been waiting on the transport company. They gave me a 30 day open window but in the end, they showed up on day 8. Today, it got loaded and everything went very smoothly according to the seller. He texted me this shot.

Rich G.

Great car! Is that coming or going?

Brads70

Exciting times! Enjoy !  :bravo:

70 Challenger Lover

That's it being loaded in Connecticut today. I probably won't get it for about 7 days according to the company. More pick ups along the way and I'm the last drop off.

nsmall

Cant think of a better item to have shipped.  I am so happy for you. :bradsthumb:

70 Challenger Lover

Thanks! Couple minor fixes here and there but all super small, easy and inexpensive for the most part. Super nice seller. Very accommodating throughout the process.

Brads70

Got your favourite shades picked out yet!  8)       :D Going to be a fun summer for you!

70 Challenger Lover

Hard to decide on my favorite shades. I'll probably have to test several of them out until I figure out which are best!

I do know I want different wheels though. The wheels on it now are 14" painted road wheels with older white wall tires. They can go on the RT I'm selling. Original wheels were wheel covers so I think I have free reign in that area to deviate from original. I have a new set of 15 X 7 chrome magnum style wheels and I'm thinking about going that route with the Goodyear Polyglas tires.

Someone posted this other vert with the wheels I described and I think that's the look I'd like.

gzig5

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 24, 2019, 03:14:33 PM
Hard to decide on my favorite shades. I'll probably have to test several of them out until I figure out which are best!

I do know I want different wheels though. The wheels on it now are 14" painted road wheels with older white wall tires. They can go on the RT I'm selling. Original wheels were wheel covers so I think I have free reign in that area to deviate from original. I have a new set of 15 X 7 chrome magnum style wheels and I'm thinking about going that route with the Goodyear Polyglas tires.

Someone posted this other vert with the wheels I described and I think that's the look I'd like.

That's probably one of the best looking convertibles I've seen. That soft green color just seems to work and says class. 

Your new car isn't too bad either  :yes:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: gzig5 on May 24, 2019, 04:24:46 PM

That's probably one of the best looking convertibles I've seen. That soft green color just seems to work and says class. 

Your new car isn't too bad either  :yes:

Yeah it sure is a fantastic color. Not sure if it's a member from this site who owns it. I love the color and that black 70 hockey stripe. I wish the 71s came with a smaller stripe like that. It's just the right amount.

Chryco Psycho

Congrats on finding the car you wanted , looking forward to more pix when it arrives  :drinkingbud:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 24, 2019, 05:55:35 PM
Congrats on finding the car you wanted , looking forward to more pix when it arrives  :drinkingbud:

Definitely! If all goes to plan, I'll have it next week and as luck would have it, I just happen to have next week off work. I'll detail it up and drive it to some nice scenic place for photos. Then of course I'll have to update my profile pic to replace the Super Bee.

DodgeGuy

I have the Magnum 500 wheels on my '74 and I love the look FWIW!

Congrats BTW, exciting times! 
1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

dodj

Congrats on finding the car you wanted. You couldn't look much further without going over seas...lol
I'm not all that far from Connecticut. You could have had me to drive it cross country for you.   :stayinlane: :burnout:
Might've cost you an extra set of tires at most...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

70 Challenger Lover

No chance of burning up a set of tires on this car. It's the puny 318 built to stock specs with stock cam, 2 barrel and single exhaust. It was fun cruising it but not sure it can much more than move it's own weight around. Once I put on wider Goodyear tires, it will probably never burn out even rolling through water!

I could see a mild cam change in its future. Something that would still work well with the 2 barrel and single exhaust but give it a little more umph out of the hole. As much as I'd like to hop it up a bit, I'm going to resist the urge to make any visible improvements other than wheels. This thing is too cool looking with all those stock components. I just never see that stuff on e body cars.