Main Menu

seat frustrations....

Started by ledphoot, June 16, 2019, 11:46:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

So the ongoing saga of rebuilding a car with no interior continues.

I purchased a set of the reproduction seat frames, they come with latches / strikers etc. installed. I ordered foam / covers from legendary in the '73 style for the car. I also got the hinge covers etc. as well.. Looking at the latches that came on the seat I am lead to believe that these are the early model latches that have a push-button, not a little lever like I recall the '73 having. Is there a way to use the lever with the earlier style latch? Does anybody have the later style latches? Or am I doomed to try and find all the hardware for the earlier seat release / hinge covers and try to cobble that together with my later style covers?

Rich G.

I don't think you can interchange them. The seat backs are completely different too.

Fastmark

I'm afraid you are out of luck. The only seat frames I think are reproduced are the 70 style. They are completely different frames than the 72 up. Now for the really bad news. Those hinge covers with the buttons in the hinge are very hard to find and expensive. I had to pay $265 for the last set I needed. I had several core seats that were missing those and finally found enough to complete my cores. The good news is the 72 up seat frames are a little easier to find and cheaper to buy. I buy and sell lots of cars so I try and find all the cheap seats I can. I've seen then in the $300 range on Craig list but too far for me to drive to get them.

torredcuda

Ya, a number of changes year to year with latches, foam covers and backs(vinyl or hard plastic). You need `73-4 style frames.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

ledphoot

Yeah I guess I should have done some research. When crap is labeled 1970-1974 they don't mention the caveats. I either have to spend a lot of money on different foam / seat covers / early model molding or find later frames.

I am starting to get really frustrated with these situations, the spend got outta hand. Long time ago.