Main Menu

Wiring Identification Question With Pic

Started by Daveh, June 26, 2019, 07:42:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

Can you identify the 2 things that I circled in red.  What is the yellow wire for and where does it go the yellow, orange or red 3 pronged harness?  Thanks

Dave

Chryco Psycho

the lower one looks like the light delay timer
can't see the upper picture is too small

jbaha

Agree with Chryco, it's the time delay relay. but can't see the upper wire too

anlauto

The top red circle is the wire that connects to the ignition flood lamp in the steering column.
Bottom circle is the time delay relay as mentioned.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

Thanks all,

Anlauto what is the ignition flood lamp?  Just never heard of that.  learn something new everyday.  Is this for the little light in the steering column if you have it? 

So you say it connects to the ignition flood lamp.  I'm not certain where that is or if it was an option and I don't need that wire.  Can you please clarify.  Thanks

anlauto

That harness is for the A01 light group.
If everything is original, your steering column should have a timed light that shines on the keys. Your steering column will have the two large connections coming from the ignition and signal switches, but it should also have a lone yellow wire with a bullet connector which plugs into, what I believe is in your top red circle.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

Thanks I'll check that out this weekend.  I'm wrapping up the new wiring and these are some of the last loose ends.  Thanks

Daveh

It looks like that yellow bullet connector goes to the under dash light panel.  So which 3  (red, orange, yellow) female 3 pronged harness does it plug into?  Thanks

Also can you explain the function of each female 3 pronged harness  (red, orange, yellow)?  I'm sure one is constant hot, one is switched but not certain which is which.  Thanks for your help.

Daveh

Chryco Psycho

IIRC
Yellow is switched power ,
Red is constant power
Orange is dash lights
Easy to test with a test light or meter tho
Red & yellow could be reversed but I believe I have it right

jbaha

I believe Chryco Psycho has it right. Just my  :alan2cents:, you should have to bullet connectors on the orange plug : one for the dash panel lights, and one for the ash tray light

Daveh

Great thanks guys I appreciate it.  I'll test first but thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Chryco Psycho