Main Menu

5.7 Hemi lifter issue

Started by 1Burgfish, July 18, 2019, 04:27:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Quick question out to the field; has anyone had a stuck lifter issue with their 5.7 Hemi? I have had this issue with my engine in my truck last year where one of my lifters got stuck and ended up burning a couple lobes on my cam. So here's my question; is there a fix for this problem or am I going to have to be listening to the engine for the dreaded Hemi tick?  :notsure: Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You in advance.

Chryco Psycho

Regular oil changes with premium oil has to help

jimynick

Funny, this subject came up when I was speaking to my machinist last week and his take on it was that it's due to the displacement on demand system that restricts oil to the lifters to achieve cylinder deactivation. Ask Cuda Jason what happens when you have a lack of oiling with a lifter. Apparently, if you deactivate the system, the issue goes away. Or so it's said. Just my  :alan2cents:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

My 15 had a bad lifter from new. Took it in to Fiat when it was pounding like a mother and they didn't do a thing about it except keep starting it until it went away then say we don't know where it's coming from. So maintenance had nothing to do with that deal. I would just listen for it but there isn't a heck of alot you can do about it. My 18 is good thankfully.
Sheldon