Main Menu

340 cylinder heads

Started by Cbridgewater, July 18, 2019, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cbridgewater

Looking to purchase a good set of 340 X, J, or U heads with the 2.02 valve set up. No cracks, already got burned on one set. Located in Northern California.

jimynick

Word has it that the Mopar #308 casting heads flow better than either the X or J 340 heads to the tune of 15-20hp and Chryco Psycho can elaborate more on the subject as he's been there and done that.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

I have a set of X's I want to sell but too far away.
Sheldon

Cbridgewater

Wonder what shipping would be...

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

I had a set of Js that I kept taking to the spring and fall fling but no one would touch them. In the end, I took $150 just so I didn't have to keep hauling them back and forth.

70chall440

I might have a set of X heads, have to confirm.
Mopar or no car!!!

drew43a

i have a set of X heads for sale i am taking them to the mopar nationals in columbus ohio next week.  where are you?

Cbridgewater

drew43a

Fastenal third party shipping would have been the way to go, but i don't think they offer east to west anymore. they did years ago but i don't think so now.

Cbridgewater

I may just bite the bullet and go with aluminum. After shipping, valve job, any other work etc, it's going to be close to the same cost.

drew43a

i bought a dual plane aluminum intake from Edelbrock, and the carb screw hols were all off by .030 thousaths to the left. butter flys from carb scraped the center plenum rib.  had to pull it and send it
back.  going on a month now to get them to replace it and over a week on shipping and no tracking number.

Topcat

Quote from: Cbridgewater on August 04, 2019, 08:10:57 AM
I may just bite the bullet and go with aluminum. After shipping, valve job, any other work etc, it's going to be close to the same cost.

You could use Uship.com.

I shipped 2 steering boxes before and it was at a reasonable cost.

Maybe worth looking into.

autoxcuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on July 18, 2019, 08:55:20 PM
I had a set of Js that I kept taking to the spring and fall fling but no one would touch them. In the end, I took $150 just so I didn't have to keep hauling them back and forth.

Where they 2.02 intakes or 1.88's ?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

70 Challenger Lover

@Cbridgewater here is a set of x heads I found on Marketplace that are in Southern California. Probably the best price you will get for original x heads and supposedly ready to bolt on. If it were me though, I'd have them dismantled and checked for cracks and to ensure all the work is quality.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2624830597743657/