Main Menu

Value Estimates

Started by 1971EV2Barracuda, August 18, 2019, 06:37:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1971EV2Barracuda

I have a 1971 EV2 Barracuda hardtop in extremely solid condition from California.  I am trying to gage its value in its' current condition.  Someone started to restore the car a couple of different times so it is disassembled to some degree and missing some parts.  Any ideas for a reliable starting point?

70 Challenger Lover

Hard to say without knowing more and seeing photos.

A rust bucket project car in a 71 Barracuda can still sell for $15k plus. A real 71 Cuda rust bucket project for $25k plus.

There is a really nice unrestored original big block car in Ventura that bid up to $40k on eBay. It had some issues but seemed like a pretty decent car in my opinion.

So basically without knowing more, I'd estimate somewhere between $15k and $40k. For $40k it needs to be running and driving and fully assembled looking fairly decent.

70 Challenger Lover

Is it yours or you looking to buy it? If you're buying it, might help to have someone put eyes on it first.

cuda hunter

We really need to see the fender tag to give a proper opinionated valuation. 

Does it have a build sheet?

Is it titled?

Need more pics. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

If you're looking to sell, put it on eBay and see where it goes...I say a going starting point would be $15K if it's truly rust free original metal. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1971EV2Barracuda

Thanks for the insight.  The car is mine and it is nearly free of rust...the trunk pan has pinholes.  I do not have the fender tag or build sheet.  It is an EV2, black vinyl top, black standard bucket interior, console, AM radio, manual drum brakes, power steering, 318 CI, air conditioning and standard cluster with clock.  I have not been able to confirm any evidence of other options yet.  I have not yet decided what I will do with it but I am trying to gage value in case I do something crazy like sell it.

cuda hunter

With no documentation whatsoever it isn't for the restoration crowd. Which does hurt it's value.

It's a blank slate basically.  build what you want and don't feel bad about it. 

I would agree with 15 depending on actual condition under the primer.  How long has it sat in primer?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70 Challenger Lover

If you sell it, put as much of it back together as you can. You'll get more that way. I'd value it around $20k. More if you can get it running and driving.

These cars are highly sought after. Several members here are looking for a car like this so you might list it here first. I would have drooled for a car like this until I found my 71 convertible earlier this year.

Where in Ca. Are you?

1971EV2Barracuda

I plan to get it running.  I also plan on taking complete inventory of what I have and documenting the condition of the car with photos.

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @1971EV2Barracuda   :welcome:  Cool car!  :banana:

nsmall

I think the car is from CA, current owner and new member  :welcome: lives in michigan.

Looking forward to seeing your 71 vert at the fall fling 70 challenger lover.

Almost everyone loves a 71 over every other year. 

70 Challenger Lover

Thanks! Unlike Challengers, I love all five years of the Barracudas but of course 71 is my favorite by far. I'm fixing a ton of tiny little things on the car so it will present well. I'm also toying with the idea of bringing the car into the swap area so I can set up an easy up and chairs.

If all goes well, I'm hoping to have my RT ready and a friend offered to drive it down there. I can display it as well and see if there are any serious buyers at the show. Still have a bit to do but it's running well. It would be really cool to see the two cars side by side at the show.

CudaMoparRay

A big  :welcome: from Riverside, CA

JS29

:welcome: From central New York!  :handshake:

1971EV2Barracuda

Why am I listing the following information?  Because I have decided that I will sell my car but I need to collect more photos and inventory the parts before I formally list it.  I expect to have the information this week.  Please feel free to ask specific questions if interested using PMs as I gather this information so I can include it.

My 1971 Barracuda does not have a fender tag or build sheet but I do have a clear title and a copy of the CA title.  I have confirmed it was built with a 318 CI, auto trans, EV2 body color, black interior, bucket seats, console, vinyl top (black?), AM radio, clock, air conditioning, power steering and manual drum brakes.

The negative:
- The roof had Mopar vinyl top cancer at some point. Someone made a sorry attempt to repair the A-Pillars. The rest of the roof appears solid.
- The passenger front took a hit at some point since the inner apron was replaced or repaired but not very well. The passenger fender and door are not original.
- The deck lid is not the original based on the color under the primer.
- The hood is not original because the previous owner gave me a rallye hood which should have been a flat hood.
- The trunk pan has pin holes and should be replaced or repaired with weld.
- The interior will need a complete restoration as it appears the California sun baked it especially since the seats with the car are blue (probably should be black).

The positive:
- NIB reproduction grille
- NIB AMD passenger fender apron
- NIB trunk pan
- NIB fuel tank
- Overall very solid body and chassis structure.