Main Menu

Attn. Alan/JS27-- Your old car showed up.

Started by bentpshrods, August 25, 2019, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bentpshrods

Howdy from Idaho.  I take my cuda to most car shows on the weekends. This Saturday I had the chance to go play instead of doing the usual honey do list. As a result off that I had to do them today. There was a small show today at a local brewery that I thought about but got busy and kinda forgot about it. On my way home from Home Depot I saw a cobra (kit car) turn out in front of me. The show was only about a half mile from Home Depot.  It was kinda late and I fiqured the show was over but at the last moment I decided to turn and see what was still around.  Sure glad that I did. As i came up on the parking lot the first thing I saw was a 1970 Challenger convert. I recognized it right away and pulled over. I went over to take some pics and luckily the new owner (Greg) was just putting up his chair and getting ready to leave. I introduced myself and asked him if this was the car from S.C.  He was kinda surprised that I knew that and I told him about this site and that I was hoping it would turn up sometime. We exchanged numbers and will definately be getting the cars together later. He wanted me to let you know the car took first place in the muscle car class in this his first outing with the car.  Pretty cool to know he is actually going to drive it instead of rat holing it away in some garage.  Good to have more mopars showing up. We are definately in the minority around here.

Cuda Cody

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JH27N0B

It's good to see that the new owner is getting the car out and about, rather than just gathering dust in a garage as part of a collection.
Shame he doesn't have the top down though, mine is almost never seen in public with the top up!  :D

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 25, 2019, 07:43:34 PM
It's good to see that the new owner is getting the car out and about, rather than just gathering dust in a garage as part of a collection.
Shame he doesn't have the top down though, mine is almost never seen in public with the top up!  :D

I'd have my top down permanently accept momma don't like the wind messing up her hair..... And she won't ride in the trunk....  Besides the A/C works better when it's only cooling the inside of the car...

js27

Thanks for the Pictures and sharing. I know you said you would keep an eye out for it. Greg sent me some photo's also and said he talked with you. Yes I am glad it is in good hands and he is enjoying it. I have to admit seeing pictures of it and winning 1st place made my heart go pitter patter.
I think Greg will join here as I told him everybody here are a  great bunch and very knowledgeable about Mopars.
Please keep posting pictures when you get together again.
JS27

gb70

Thank you Doug and Alan for the intro. Glad to be a new member here.
Alan built a great Challenger that I am very proud to own, drive, and enjoy. Looking forward to seeing Doug at other Boise shows in the near future!

1 Wild R/T

JS29

js27

Welcome Aboard--Glad you are here. Feel free to ask questions-I have been here for a few years and still learning things about this site. I change my Avatar.. to just a front end shot--LOL
JS27

RUNCHARGER

Welcome to the site. You bought a car that we'd all be proud to own.
Sheldon

gb70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 26, 2019, 10:38:41 PM
Welcome Greg! You got a great Challenger!

Agreed! I know how much Alan's Challenger meant to him, and he did it the way I would have wanted. Reminds me of my '70 Cuda U code that I had back in the late 90's. I later added the same MSD Distributor, MSD box, MSD coil, and MSD wires, as well as the same Mopar valve covers, air cleaner, headers, and Aluminum intake manifold. When you pop the hood it reminded me of the Cuda I used to have. Back then I paid in the $ teens if you can believe that, and it was restored as nice (except for the underside not being body color) as Alan's Challenger.

It is a very special car that I plan on holding onto. One of the first things I need to do, before I really get on it, is to get all new BFG tires put on. I am going to keep the same tire sizes. I just do not want to risk at high speed a blow out on 18+ year old tires. Other than that I am going to drive it and enjoy it. I have owned E bodies, and B bodies in the past, but never a convertible.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I added an avatar to my name, but I am going to use a pic that Alan gave me that he had until I get one of my own.

gb70

Pic of the engine

js27