Main Menu

Disc brake spindle diameter

Started by mopartaz, December 01, 2019, 09:30:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mopartaz

anyone know if the spindle diameter and lengths are different  (disc) from the a,b,e body's 73 up?
bearing race etc? Part # ? 73 -up a bod  rotors appear to be similar to my 73 e bod. ( i have a new set but haven't mic'ed them yet)
and does installing the 73 - up a body spindles on my early b body change the  steering geometry much? thanks

tman

I wrote this down a long time ago that I found on one of various forums.  Someone can chime in if incorrect.  This is for Ebody

70-72 spindle diameter 1.25 inches, 5.5 inches long

73-74 diameter 1.375 inches and 5.5 inches long. 

HP2

Quote from: mopartaz on December 01, 2019, 09:30:04 PM
anyone know if the spindle diameter and lengths are different  (disc) from the a,b,e body's 73 up?
bearing race etc? Part # ? 73 -up a bod  rotors appear to be similar to my 73 e bod. ( i have a new set but haven't mic'ed them yet)
and does installing the 73 - up a body spindles on my early b body change the  steering geometry much? thanks

re the bolded,  not at all.  This is why this swap is so popular.  Now, if you use 73+ B body or 76+ FJM body, then yes, it does alter geometry slightly because the spindle is taller. However, this change is does not create a negative impact.