Main Menu

how much would you pay for this challenger. HELP

Started by josephqatarcarguy, February 19, 2020, 04:54:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

josephqatarcarguy

hey guys. im a new member on the forum. i am from qatar and have owned several classic muscle cars including a 1974 Roadrunner 440 4 speed, 1972 charger 440 727 .

I came across a 1973 C code challenger here now with a 440 and blacked out grille making it look closer to a 1970 challenger .

Just curios to know how much would you guys on here pay for it. Also when i saw the car in person the other day , it was not as in these pics... looked neglected... covered in dust and not driven .

JS29

I don't think they made a c code /6 in 1973. A g code is a 318, witch they did produce.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I think in North America it would be $25K-$30K depending on the quality of the paint, any rust issues etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

torredcuda

Tough to say with only a couple pics, depends on body and paint quality and condition, underneath condition etc. $20-30K ?
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

josephqatarcarguy

The car has been in the country for six years ... it was mostly parked and not driven and parked under a shade .... the pic was taken 2 years ago and the car still is in good shape,  I just checked it out a few days ago and it was quiet dusty and aye but looked good

RUNCHARGER

It's probably a $20-$25k car in todays world. I see some problems with it (Center of hood low, seams on the quarters etc.). I wouldn't pay that much but I am sure it would bring that amount.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

As I know there will be many questions to determine a value I'm going to post up another thread that already has some of the questions answered.
https://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/threads/what-year-does-this-challenger-look-like.20035/#post-117210 
This should answer a few questions and get you to a quicker WIW answer. 

I see 30K, maybe more depending on the buyer and his/her specific desires. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

josephqatarcarguy

7212Mopar

I would think for cars that are already located overseas that there will be a premium on top of the pricing for Cars sold in North America.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Katfish

Quote from: 7212Mopar on February 19, 2020, 02:38:52 PM
I would think for cars that are already located overseas that there will be a premium on top of the pricing for Cars sold in North America.

My thinking also, $35k if it is nice as it looks.

josephqatarcarguy

yup its a G code not a C code. here picures of the VIN and the engine bay as is of today

anlauto

How much is the guy asking for it ? Do you think it's reasonable ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

josephqatarcarguy

hes asking 28k..... the thing is if i need any parts i need to ship them in and shipping is bloody expensive ...i was thinking more on a 23k lines

Katfish

In the big picture, that's not a big difference.
Make him an offer and settle in the middle.

JS29