Main Menu

Turn signal date code?

Started by RJChallenger, April 04, 2020, 02:22:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

Where would I find the date code on a 1970 style turn signal switch? Thanks for any help

anlauto

Does it still have the part number tag on the wire harness ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

No not any more. I know it has the sought after "FLASHER ON" knob. I have two Identical turn signal switches.I would like to keep as many one year only parts as possible.I could keep and repair the one with the earlier date code and sell the good 70 signal switch for parts that are needed so much more now. If what I believe are date codes ( 0401  and 1931 ) then I may be able to finish installing my one piece trunk floor. 

anlauto

Where did you find those numbers ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RJChallenger

I've tried twice to send pictures but internet is extremely slow. I found the numbers on signal switch cam. I have 4 old switches they all have different #'s such as 0401,1931,0452 and 1903

anlauto

It could very well be a date code then.

I just looked at a switch I have here, and the original part number sticker does NOT have a date on it, and the four digit code on mine doesn't line up for the car it came out of, but it could have been replaced at one point.

Other piacular thing about the "date" being molding into the canceling cam, is the fact that it's only one piece of the assembly...They couldn't possible mold the date into one piece that would reflect an assembly date.

I think if somebody is worried about the date on that part, they got some serious loose rocks.  :alan2cents: