Main Menu

Anyone Remember a Car Sales Publication Called “Old Car Book”?

Started by 7E-Bodies, September 29, 2020, 04:54:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

I'm still trying desperately to dig up any source that would have the Vin number for my 70 Challenger RT that I sold in late 86 or early 87. I'm really digging the bottom of the barrel here, but does anybody remember this old national sales magazine?  The funny part of it is, I have a photograph of the canceled check that I paid for the ad with. That's as close as I can get.  A quick search online turned up the typical 200 things that I never asked for, LOL  Not sure whatever happened to the company, but was wondering if any members had old copies laying around.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

jimynick

I remember that there was an old car version of the salesman's Black Book since the BB only went back about 5 years if I remember correctly. With the advent of the internet, all that stuff just dried up and blew away. I've probably got an old cop somewhere, but where in the hell it is, is another question. Sorry and good luck with your quest.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Was it different then "The Old Car Auto Trader"?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

@anlauto I wish I knew, Alan. I'm really reaching back, but man that's close. My edition would be 14 years older than yours. I'm really reaching back. If it weren't for the old check I found, I'd have never remembered the name.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

That's just the book that came to mind when I read your post...I found that pic on the ol' Interweb...

I don't know if it even existed in 1986 and your check would likely be made out to "Auto Trader" I would think... :dunno:

On eBay there is an "OLD CAR BOOK" but it's from the 50's
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration