Main Menu

First E Body

Started by Timmy2Tires, September 29, 2020, 07:24:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Timmy2Tires

Hey guys, I've been a Mopar guy all my life, but just recently bought my first E body. I raced B bodies from 1989-2011 (oval track).So I want to restore this one, not destroy it on the track lol. It's a 1974 Barracuda. 99% complete and all original. 360 auto with a lot of options. Engine and trans were out, so a few pieces are missing. Right side exhaust manifold, flex plate, and alternator weren't there. I look forward to making this thing look new. Just have to finish the wifes Mustang first :).

71vert340

Welcome to the site. Looks like you have a good project to start with. Practicing on the Mustang first helps. :wave: :)
Terry

RUNCHARGER

Welcome, not many 360 cars around.
Sheldon

Matt13

Quote from: Timmy2Tires on September 29, 2020, 07:24:32 PM
Hey guys, I've been a Mopar guy all my life, but just recently bought my first E body. I raced B bodies from 1989-2011 (oval track).So I want to restore this one, not destroy it on the track lol. It's a 1974 Barracuda. 99% complete and all original. 360 auto with a lot of options. Engine and trans were out, so a few pieces are missing. Right side exhaust manifold, flex plate, and alternator weren't there. I look forward to making this thing look new. Just have to finish the wifes Mustang first :).
Nice. Is that color "Chestnut"?

xx88man

:welcome: sweet Cuda you have there!
Keep yer foot in it

Timmy2Tires

I was hoping that someone here might have some idea how many Barracudas came with a 360. i found a breakdown for 'Cudas, but not Barracuda.

Timmy2Tires

Quote from: Matt13 on September 29, 2020, 08:50:11 PM
Quote from: Timmy2Tires on September 29, 2020, 07:24:32 PM
Nice. Is that color "Chestnut"?
paint code is GE7 burnished red

Brads70

Welcome form Ontario , Canada!  Enjoy the site! Lots of good people on here!

6bblgt

SWEET!!  :twothumbsup:

per GG's "white book":

1974 Barracuda BH23
85 - 360 auto
40 - 360 4-speed
5 - 360 3-speed

1974 'cuda BS23
761 - 360 auto
398 - 360 4-speed
31 - 360 3-speed

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: From Riverside California

cudamadd

:welcome:from Australia  :australia Nice ebody for your first enjoy

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY!  Great car.   

anlauto

Well you found the best E Body website in the world...welcome :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Welcome from Sweden!  :sweden:
Cool car!
In the same boat, just got my wife a 65 Barracuda project, now that project is prio 1.  :crying:

JS29