Main Menu

Best Repro 70 Challenger Trunk Lid Molding

Started by Floyd, October 26, 2020, 08:51:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Who makes the best trunk lid trim for a 70 Challenger?  Is there more than one manufacturer?  I see Classic Industries and OER selling one for the same price ($89).  I see a cheaper one on eBay ($59) which leads me to believe there is more than one manufacturer.

I bought a repro years ago and now that I'm test fitting, it's about 1/4" shorter than OEM.  Hoping. To find something better.

Thanks

anlauto

Not sure the brand, but the ones David sells at Roseville work nice, look good  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

I got mine from Dave and it fit very nicely.  No Complaints

Burdar

The ones BE&A sold(PG Classics are probably the same) are chromed aluminum.  Originals were anodized aluminum and not as bright and shiny as the reproductions if that matters to you.  Maybe no one makes repros that are anodized. :dunno:

Rich G.

750-h2

I bought mine from Dynacorn. It was inexpensive, fitted as it should and was a perfect match to the aluminum on my NOS SE rear panel. :)

Floyd

Thanks for all the replies.  Sure wish I could shop in person for this type of thing.  Not going to happen for awhile I suppose.  I wonder how many versions are out there?

Metro
Dynacorn
BE&A/PG Classic

R/T's 4 R/P

the cross section of the OEM was more round.  Similar in cross-section to the edge of the headlight bezels. (this would make sense from a styling/design perspective)
I have BEA on one car and the cross section has some crisp lines.
I have Metro on another car, and the cross section is definitely crisp, but the finish is more accurate.

Can't comment on the Dynacorn.  I would be interested in a close up picture?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT