Main Menu

1970 Bucket seat spacers

Started by broughj, April 07, 2021, 04:52:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

broughj

The bucket seat tracks on my 1970 Challenger had the pictured spacers installed between the track and the carpet.  They are made of a heavy fiber or cardboard like material and about 1/4" thick.  I have not been able to find any reference to these anywhere.  Are they original items for a 1970 car?  Is there any source for replacements?

Thanks,

John Brough

FE5CUDA

Never happened John, someone made those.

anlauto

Not a factory E Body part. Maybe somebody thought they would lessen road vibration or something  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Someone was short, and setting on a telephone book was embarrassing?  :alan2cents: 

kathyscuda

good question.
did 70 cudas come with the plastic pucks.
i installed them. seats seem that much too high

B5fourspeed

They did not come with them.That was a B body thing I think.I do not know why the sellers of those spacers keep advertising it for an e body.

anlauto

Quote from: kathyscuda on April 07, 2021, 04:16:21 PM
good question.
did 70 cudas come with the plastic pucks.
i installed them. seats seem that much too high
Nope
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70Barracuda

I have a 6 way seat from my first Cuda in my Barracuda, the inside side needs spacers to be level...
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

broughj

Thanks!  Whoever made these did a pretty good job cutting them out.  Look like they were stamped rather than being cut with a knife or saw.  Anyway, in the trash they go.  Glad I don't have to make new ones.