Main Menu

A Chrysler I’d love to own!

Started by Matt13, May 07, 2021, 02:38:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

If you want the Attention this is the car to have . Great part of  the Chrysler history . What a car it is  :australia:

7E-Bodies

If I'm not mistaken, I saw one at MCACN in Chicago 2019. It's definitely a car that was ahead of it's time. Impressive. I'd love to hear one run.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 07, 2021, 01:08:24 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I saw one at MCACN in Chicago 2019. It's definitely a car that was ahead of it's time. Impressive. I'd love to hear one run.
What I think is so cool about this car is that Chrysler gave out something like 50 of these to a diverse group to drive around, then eventually took them all back and destroyed almost all of them. This is one rare car. I think Jay Leno has another one and one or two more are in museums.

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on May 07, 2021, 01:08:24 PM

https://youtu.be/CdCudNSti_Q

:bigthumb:

mccannix

Another member posted this video a while back......brutal to watch
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwrmnzSRm0   

7E-Bodies

Man, can you imagine if that engine option would've caught on and been available in e-bodies?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

chargerdon

Notice the full console running thru the Bucket seats in the rear.   Originally, the 1966 Charger was to receive the turbine engine and also has the full console and folding bucket seats.   My understanding was that it was a late decision NOT to put in the turbine engine on the 66 Charger.   

Smallblock340

Awesome car! :yes:
I guess that the "R/T" versions were equipped with an afterburner? :haha:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

318Stroker

I got to drive the St. Louis based Turbine car. What a thrill that was!!

Skdmark

Got to see one at the Mopar Nats in the mid-90s.
Was running around the show car area and did a "pass" down the track.

Really neat piece of auto history.

The Jo-han model is one of their best kits.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

PLY474

I saw one of the remaining Chrysler Turbine Cars at the Gilmore Car Museum in Michigan today.  Some pictures are attached.  My camera is junk and I need an upgrade, but better than nothing.  It is truly a beautiful car.  I recommend seeing it in person. 

PLY474

more pictures...

Chryco Psycho

They were developing a whole line of turbine vehicles up to Semi tractors the article I read was that Rockefellers bought out the whole program & forced Chrysler to cease& desist to maintain dependence on oil .