Main Menu

Auto City Classic glass?

Started by FSHTAIL, May 13, 2021, 11:47:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

I'm looking to replace the scratched glass on the rear and side windows with Auto City Classis's "Grey Glass" which is right around a 50% tint IN the glass.. 

Hoping to find some feedback.. 

They seem to only list 70 to 72, is there any difference in glass for a 1973? 

Thanks

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

GoodysGotaCuda

I have their glass and don't recommend it. Front and rear windshields were thinner than OEM by quite a bit. Door glass curvature has been a problem to get an ideal seal and fit into the quarter window trim.

Go AMD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

GoodysGotaCuda

I have their glass and don't recommend it. Front and rear windshields were thinner than OEM by quite a bit. Door glass curvature has been a problem to get an ideal seal and fit into the quarter window trim.

Go AMD.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1972V21Cuda

Almost all of the glass is a Chinese-made and only comes from 2 different factories. ECS glass may come from a small manufacturer in California. You can check with them.

anlauto

I don't think AMD or ECS offer the 50% tint grey glass though... :dunno:  If that's what the original poster is after, I think Auto City is the only game in town
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 14, 2021, 05:18:49 AM
I don't think AMD or ECS offer the 50% tint grey glass though... :dunno:  If that's what the original poster is after, I think Auto City is the only game in town
From what I measured, the ACC windshield was 2/3rd the thickness of the AMD that I replaced it with. Oof.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

Think of the weight savings  :D :rofl: :rofl:

Mrbill426

RUNCHARGER

I sold a customer Auto City glass for his 65 convt. Buick. It was actually thicker than original and a couple of the mounting holes ended up being misdrilled a bit. I remember they weren't interested in giving us new glass or any money back. We were still fighting with them when I left that job a year and a half ago. We sold lots of their glass and the other stuff we didn't have any problem with, probably 2 or 3 sets a month.
Sheldon