Main Menu

Sound Deadener areas of application

Started by wanderlustin, September 16, 2021, 04:31:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

wanderlustin

Hello everyone,  I have the engineering diagrams for sound deadening but would anyone have a link to great example photos I can use for a July 1970-built Hamtramck Challenger or a modern diagram of application?  Would like to make some cardboard templates and also get a good idea of areas to mask.  This car was not fully undercoated, just the wheel houses primarily as far as I know.  All help appreciated!

anlauto

Dave :andyangel: from ECS posted these pictures years ago... This was the only one I saved on my computer, hopefully someone else saved more...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

These photos are from my car based on what undercoating pattern was originally on the car. 508 SPD, Hamtramck Challenger build. Full undercoat car. It is my understanding that the factory line workers held up cardboard pieces as they applied the undercoating. Our cars are like snowflakes, no two are alike. I hope these help.

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: headejm on September 16, 2021, 05:58:45 PM
Our cars are like snowflakes, no two are alike.

Mike Ross once said "These guys get all bent out of shape about stupid details like what angle to hold the gun when spraying undercoat.  F*ck that sh*t.  Spray it all over the place like you're hung over, hate life, and don't want to be at work"

71vert340

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on September 17, 2021, 05:14:19 AM
Quote from: headejm on September 16, 2021, 05:58:45 PM
Our cars are like snowflakes, no two are alike.

Mike Ross once said "These guys get all bent out of shape about stupid details like what angle to hold the gun when spraying undercoat.  F*ck that sh*t.  Spray it all over the place like you're hung over, hate life, and don't want to be at work"

I had friends that worked in the Chevrolet transmission plant in Ohio and even though the pay was good for 1970, they drank hard on weekends and dreaded going to work.So yep. Sounds about right. :rofl:

wanderlustin

Quote from: anlauto on September 16, 2021, 04:54:34 PM
Dave :andyangel: from ECS posted these pictures years ago... This was the only one I saved on my computer, hopefully someone else saved more...

Thanks @anlauto, those are excellent examples.  Impressive recreation that Dave was able to pull off.  I know there must be a cache of photos from that restoration.  I would LOVE to see more!!  :perfect10:

340challconvert

Pic of my inner fender before the clean up showing original undercoat pattern (non-undercoated car)

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible