Main Menu

Mint original 70 challenger dash pad

Started by Challenger in NC, December 05, 2021, 08:26:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1970Mopower

Wow. Really nice find for someone willing to part with the funds! Thanks for sharing.

cuda hunter

2500 bucks and he puts it face down on the concrete floor.

MOPAR 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T SE black dash pad MINTY 340 383 440 426 Hemi RT
Popular Item 1 watched in last 24 hours
Condition:Used
Price:
US $2,500.00

Vintage 1970 Dodge Challenger black dash pad in absolutely mint condition...... I pulled this out of a wrecked 70 Challenger 318 car over 45 years ago in a boneyard....gave vin tag to a friend back then so no vin tag on it.....no cracks anywhere I can see...had it wrapped in a blanket  sitting all these years on the shelf ....speaker grille maybe a little warped from sitting.... has factory speaker still in it...this baby looks like new......ink stamped and dated on underside late 1969....will be boxed well for shipping and will invoice winning bidder correct shipping amount as big and heavy...sold as is.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ragtopdodge

He'll sell it.

THe repops for 70s aren't very correct.

I sold my mint 3-speaker AC 70 Challenger dash for $1500 and I had a 100 inquiries.

Guess I sold it too cheap.

cuda hunter

Oh yeah.  He'll sell it. 
Just gonna take 200 inquiries. 
All it takes is one person with a car ready to go but without a dash.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70/6chall

Jeez louise, $2,500. I purchased my '70 Challenger 3-speaker non-air black OE pad for $100.00, yes it was 15 years ago but still the same even a hundred bucks seemed a bit, when working on a budget.But, it had no damage whatsoever no blemishes even had the speaker grills with OE speakers, which had to be replaced. I installed it with a swap out of the old one the next weekend. It still looks great to this day although I've had to look after it to keep it looking great. So $100.00 we'll spent after looking at the prices of even what the repros command nowadays. I'm not even going into a complete '70 Challenger OE, SE interior in black, all complete no damage for another $100.00. Same time period that  came from the same individual. Always a good deal when you have a friend who's giving up on a project car. Thanks,   Al

tparker

Wow, every thing is getting expensive. I paid just over $1000 to have mine redone. 2.5k is a bit outside what I would be willing to pay.

anlauto

If you're restoring a six figure Hemi car or something, what's $2500  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

challengersteve

It just got sold TO ME!! This will look perfect in my 70 V Code 70 Challenger that I picked up last summer.
I was able to get it for 2250 plus shipping.
I just spent 1800 to have a 70 dash restored at Just Dashes for a customers car and although it is very nice and looks great you can tell it is obvious it is a restored pad and not an original.
These original dash pads really set off an interior and I am happy to pay up for this one.
Thanks for the original poster for finding it and sharing

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

:iagree:

I kept looking at it trying to talk myself into it.  Glad ya got it!!

tparker

Quote from: anlauto on December 05, 2021, 04:43:28 PM
If you're restoring a six figure Hemi car or something, what's $2500  :dunno:

The reason they are 6 figures is cause people are paying these prices. LOL I get it though. I don't have that kind of cash and my car is built to drive. It's 50 years old and has plenty of wear and tear. I wouldn't pay that, but others are in a position to do so. It is just crazy to see the price of some of these parts. As for a Hemi, it seems there is a Hemi tax on any part you buy. LOL

JH27N0B

Seems high but one of those cases of when and where will you ever find another.
As my late father used to say "the pleasure remains after the price is forgotten".  :)

challengersteve

Yes, this is why I pulled the trigger and bought this pad. I knew finding another one in this condition at ANY price was going to be really hard to do and the difference it makes in a really high end restoration is worth a LOT more than 2500.

ragtopdodge

Imagine what mint original convertible white door panels would bring?  I'm thinking maybe $10k.

Congrats on the purchase.  It may take you another 5-7 years to find another one for sale.