Main Menu

Legendary Auto interiors...

Started by anlauto, February 22, 2022, 12:21:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Just got off the phone with Ron at Legendary....if you order new seat covers today, Feb, 22, they will be ready the second week in December 2022  :o I have no idea how they can deal like that....not to mention, you have to pay up front !

I called to see where the covers I ordered last July are  :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

antonellomopar

Have just placed an order with Legendary for a set of seat covers and headliner for a 70 Gran Coupe, and it will take 252 days before it will ship. Order was placed february 13 2022. Of course, it was already paid for. Disgusted.
Ordered a set of seat covers with plaid interior for my 71 Challenger on august 15, and it was shipped on february 18. SIx months as anticipated.

71vert340

It took me almost 6 months to get the Legendary seat covers I ordered early last year and which arrived in August. I would have thought they would be caught up by now. A few years ago, I contacted SMS Fabrics out of Oregon about some headliner material for my 74 Charger which wasn't available through any other vendor. They had the material and said they could make the headliner. It would cost more but be a quicker delivery time. You might give them a call or use a local upholstery shop if you get the material. They also advertise door panels. Here's SMS website address.
https://smsautofabrics.com/
Terry W.

RUNCHARGER

They're using tomorrows money to pay today's costs. Be wary.
Sheldon

Mopsquad

Use a CC for these delayed transactions.  At least there's some protection if the vendor skips town.

I don't see this with Legendary, but who knows these days.

anlauto

:iagree: I don't charge my customer's until the parts arrive...so I have to carry the expense for like months which is not always easy to do...

I asked if they thought they would "catch up" anytime soon...Ron said only if the orders stop coming in, which there's no sign of.. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RacerX

I'm not opposed to a reasonable deposit to secure an order, but expecting people to shoulder what could be a $1000-2000 or higher bill (a full set of seats, headliner, etc) for 10 months or more is a bit much.

This is one reason I haven't ordered what I need.   That is just too long to be carrying the full amount of the bill with no product to show for it.

340Challman

Quote from: anlauto on February 22, 2022, 04:43:20 PM
I asked if they thought they would "catch up" anytime soon...Ron said only if the orders stop coming in, which there's no sign of.. :dunno:

So my question is how did they get into this position? Lack of materials? Lack of help? Does the condition that caused this still exist? It seems absurd to say that unless your business falls off you are going to be perpetually 12 months out. If business is that good, grow! If it's materials, there has to be a way to get more materials. I'm sorry, but I will come up with an alternative if I have to wait a year short my money waiting for a product. A custom upholstery shop can do your seats. Will it be the correct pattern, grain and look? No, but I'll be driving my car for a year as opposed to waiting for upholstery and still having to get in line at the upholstery shop. I don't see how a business will survive like that. I question whether this is the old supply and demand trick in action.  :dunno:  :alan2cents:
Kevin

BAM

I placed my order on November 30 for the seat covers and door panels. I had to pay them $2,528.30 in advance. Then, they said that they will not start production unless I pay for shipping also (shipping for July 2022......). So I paid them another $ 960.00 for shipping.

I asked if I could get the door panels faster and the answer was "They will come out of production around the same time."

I just hope not to wait for so long and not receive anything, after paying $3,500 :)

340Challman

Quote from: BAM on February 22, 2022, 11:08:02 PM
I placed my order on November 30 for the seat covers and door panels. I had to pay them $2,528.30 in advance. Then, they said that they will not start production unless I pay for shipping also (shipping for July 2022......). So I paid them another $ 960.00 for shipping.

I asked if I could get the door panels faster and the answer was "They will come out of production around the same time."

I just hope not to wait for so long and not receive anything, after paying $3,500 :)

:o Holy cow! I hope it turns out good for you.
Kevin

Cuda_mark

I just placed my order. I'm in line at number 8,000 on back order. Should ship in December!!! At least they only made me pay 50% to get in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mopsquad

As a business owner myself (medical not industrial) I am at a loss to figure out why I can't find employees. The patient demand is very high but I can't find staff to care for them, thus months wait.

This is a universally seen across all businesses in the US and Canada right now.  It sucks to wait for our parts and also to pay in advance.  Perhaps Legendary doesn't want to expand or like the aforementioned crisis, they can't. 

Now, I believe the high demand can also make you a little greedy and business drunk.  Taking full payment may fall into this category.  Deposits are usually customary, not every penny including shipping up front.  That's just not cool.  Maybe the logistics make the deposit thing too difficult, I don't know.

I feel for you fellas and gals.  I've got two completed classics and I'd be so frustrated if I had to temporarily shelve projects and lose driving opportunity.

challengersteve

We are having the seat covers custom made and installed to match original and actually they are much better than Legendary and not a year long wait either. The shop that does these for us will only do the seats, not just sell you covers. The work is perfection and is WAY better than Legendary. The price for a set of e body seats is also 4-5 times what a set of covers alone cost but you get what you pay for.
The shop I am referring to is Tim's Auto Upholstery in Duluth, Ga

bdschnei

Backorders suck, I get it. I'm waiting on cylinder heads I ordered last fall.  :pullinghair: Hopefully they show up this spring but no guaranties. I'd encourage people to be careful about taking their frustration out on the vendors, many of who have been reputable sources for our parts for years. This isn't their fault. If you want to point fingers just remember this whole chain of events was set in place the 1st Tues of Nov 2020.
Bret

Cuda_mark

It's such a long wait for seat covers that I just bought a set of good quality used ones for my convertible. They are for a hard top so I wont be using the rear covers...if anyone is looking for a rear cover, black for a 70 Cuda, I can hook you up!