Main Menu

Plasma cutter review

Started by Brads70, June 24, 2022, 05:01:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

I bought this a couple months ago. I've always wanted a plasma cutter but I couldn't justify the 2k price in years gone by.  While on Utube watching video's a review popped  up of "the cheapest plasma cutter on amazon" of something to that effect. Guy said he couldn't wear it out? So after some advise from a few friends that own plasma cutters they said to get a 220 version , so I did.
So far it's been great. I've been using it to cut a lot of stainless while building exhaust for the Javelin . Now for the price( just under $300 Canadian funds)..... do I expect it to last a lifetime ? Nope but for all I will use it it seemed a great fit for me.  :alan2cents:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08CRGN5XY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

anlauto

Educate me...does it need gas of any sort, or just hydro and compressed air ? You can't beat that price :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on June 24, 2022, 07:47:00 AM
Educate me...does it need gas of any sort, or just hydro and compressed air ? You can't beat that price :yes:

Just air and an extension cord. This one is capable of using 220 but so far it's working great on simple 110
It would be great for you to quickly cut out panels before heading off to the sandblaster .

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on June 24, 2022, 07:58:28 AM
Quote from: anlauto on June 24, 2022, 07:47:00 AM

Just air and an extension cord. This one is capable of using 220 but so far it's working great on simple 110
It would be great for you to quickly cut out panels before heading off to the sandblaster .
That's exactly what I was thinking :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration