Main Menu

Need Help

Started by 71-440, July 25, 2022, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71-440

Hello Everyone,

It's been a long time since I have been on the forum.
I have had some medical issues over the past year and a half and have been unable to get my Challenger back together.

I am looking for someone in the Metro Atlanta area that can help me get her back together and running.
I am willing to pay for the help if anyone knows someone that can give me a hand I would greatly appreciate it.
My wife wants me to sell the car and I can't blame her. It's been sitting for over two years and  I am making payments on her.
I kept the insurance up to date but with the medical issues I have and my wife also maybe she is right.
I would like to drive her again and maybe keep her for as long as I can.

I am going for another Surgery on August 9, and I have some tests to do over the next two weeks.
But hopefully I will be able to assist in the process. God willing....

Like I said I am willing to pay for someones time if they can help.

Thank you all.

Joe

Joe

Chryco Psycho

I was going to fly up & put it back together but , i doubt I can get into the US right now at all .
We can probably set up donations again & help out as we used to do in the past to help members out !! :cooldance:

Oldschool is near there he must know someone that could help also !

cuda hunter

I know a fella in GA about  1 1/2 hours from ya.  Been a few years since I talked to him.  I could ask if he's interested in helping put it back together. 
Also, know another fella in Alabama that might want to help. 

They aren't members here and I'm sure they would charge for their time. 

I hope you can put it back together and drive it again before you have to sell it. 
Do you have an old thread on the car? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

71-440

Thanks cuda hunter!

Neil started out helping me over the phone and still does. But I ran into some problems.

I will definitely pay for the help. I appreciated Niels offer and I know he would fly up here in a minute but I don't want him
to take the chance with the way things are right now.

I'm not looking for charity just help getting her back together.

Yes I have threads on here and I was active until SHTF....LOL

It kills me with her sitting in the garage collecting dust.
Anyone that can help I will pay for their time that's not a problem.

My# is 770-624-6555

Thanks!

Joe
Joe

Chryco Psycho

Remember when we all used to dig in & help people build entire cars , We could do that again !!
If we all pitched in a few $$ we could easily get this done , We need to make this stuff happen again !!

Spikedog08

I guess the first thing is to post exactly where the project is in the process?  What needs attention?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

Cam & top end of the engine is apart , needs the cam dialed in , valve springs swapped , rockers assembled & adjusted . then the top & front of the engine put together .

71-440

Neil nailed it.

Between work and working on the house I would try to get something done on the car.
I got frustrated trying to dial the cam in. Numbers weren't matching the cam card. I let it sit for a while then some medical issues.
Now more medical issues popped up.

Josh pm'd me and he was going to talk to some people to see if they can help.
He has a busy schedule for the next several weeks and I don't want to put anyone out.
The car has sat for over two years so when someone has the time that's ok with me.

I appreciate the responses so far. I understand everyone has commitments.
I'll be out of action for a couple weeks myself. Have some tests this week and Surgery set for August 9.

If everything goes ok with the surgery I'll be able to help with the car after recovery. Maybe towards the end of August.

Thanks !

Joe

Joe

Chryco Psycho

I know Joe could use some financial help not being ble to work for a bit & still making payments .
  I will donate  :takemymoney:

Brads70

Anything new to report? How are you doing Joe?

71-440

Hey Brad,
I'm doing OK. Recovery went well. More Doctor bills...lol.
I think I must have sent a couple kids to college.

Car is still here. I'm still here.
How are you doing?

Joe
Joe

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Sorry to hear about the bills...  :tired:

Chryco Psycho

As I said I am happy to donate , the members here used to help restore entire cars , I guess I am the only one left , this site has sure changed !

Spikedog08

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 07, 2022, 08:23:14 PM
As I said I am happy to donate , the members here used to help restore entire cars , I guess I am the only one left , this site has sure changed !

Let's set something up . . I'm on board!   :yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!