Main Menu

71 cuda front end install (grill, bumpers, etc.)

Started by 392 Cuda, November 24, 2022, 06:18:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

392 Cuda

I'm building out the front end of my "71 cuda" from scratch.

Does anyone have any pics of the front-end mid-assembly (perhaps just before bumpers)?

I've been searching the archives here, but can't seem to find any pictures of the lower mounting points for the grill...

anlauto

Middle ones NOT used, outside ones require separate brackets sold separately of course
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

392 Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on November 24, 2022, 06:52:54 PM
Middle ones NOT used, outside ones require separate brackets sold separately of course

Today I'm thankful for Alan answering all of our questions on here...  :thankyou:

Middle ones not used!!! :haha: That was driving me absolutely bonkers.

I did purchase that other bracket set. Thank you!

This drawing (which I believe shows a 71 grill with a 70 header) is very confusing...

392 Cuda

I found this picture in another post... It seems to show a longer bracket fitting in those.

Have you seen one of these?

anlauto

Personally, in my 39 years of restoring Mopars with a lot of 71 Cudas under my belt, I have NEVER seen those, However I'm not going to say they don't exist, because I'm sure someone out there has an obscure picture of them on their extremely early built 71 :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration