Main Menu

1970 Challenger, $1500

Started by Roadman, July 28, 2017, 04:14:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

If I was loser I would look at it for parts.  Could be some hard to find stuff on there.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

That one is really a basket case.   So sad. And a white steering column too?

Cuda Cody

Looks like a black column to me, but it is hard to see. 

74 rallye

wow, a parts car for sure, the interior looks like it could be one of those "spot the copperhead" pictures from facebook. I hate to see them unfixable but the no title kinda kills it for me. I looked at a T/A last fall that was worse, but it had a title, although bogus tags and vin plate, but a title  :unbelievable:
The only easy day, was yesterday

RUNCHARGER

Column is black I think: My vision is a Sam Posey replica.
Sheldon

Moparman82

Total basket case, hard to find any 70 challenger for the price though
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

The column used to,be black ,I agree, faded bad and the light played tricks on me, still rough.

70/6chall

Looks good for a parts car. Codys right, there may be some decent parts to be had on this one. I've seen stuff that looked worse than this brought back to life. My own '70 Challenger came from the factory with a ogansol black steering column and black aircraft style seat belts, in a Burnt Orange interior.  Thanks,   Al

6bblgt

the black column is "normal" for STANDARD gauges - do you have pics of your original seat belts, are any tags still on them?  :takepicture:

70/6chall

Absolutley correct Dan. Standard instrumentation, black column, and the black aircraft flip style latches on the seat belts. Back in the 80's I changed out the factory belts for the 3-point deluxe 73-74 Challenger seat belts which are still in place and perform quite well. As for the factory belts, still out in the garage somewhere, I'd have to look, need cleaning real bad, may have the tags still visible. When all the SE trim was put on the car before I bought it, an SE wood fascia was put on, along with the pdl trim and rim-blow steering wheel.    Thanks,   Al