Main Menu

1970 AAR Cuda, B5, auto, Olsonite-Eagle promo car

Started by LoStHeMi, April 30, 2024, 03:40:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TX9AAR

Sold for $140250 at Mecum Indy in 2022 with 46575 miles now has 46587

cuda hunter

Quote from: TX9AAR on April 30, 2024, 05:54:27 PMSold for $140250 at Mecum Indy in 2022 with 46575 miles now has 46587

What a waste.  I wouldn't want to be rich if all I did is buy and sell stuff.
I like adrenaline.  Would rather be broke and enjoy life. 
12 whole miles.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Wow.  What a lack luster description.
At least the T/A on the other thread has 10 times that much description. 

This must be a known AAR.
Anyone in the know have the vin and fender tag? 

Looks cool enough.  Is that paint original from back in the day?  Or has this just been over restored? 
If it won gold, wouldn't that mean the bottom would be primer and not body paint? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

It was at MCACN a couple times, and featured in Mopar Collectors Guide and perhaps Mopar Action too.  Not sure what year and month but those mags would have a lot more info.

TX9AAR

Here's the vin
BS23J0B302169
I don't have a picture of the fender tag or pictures of the underside. I believe one of our members @Gary AAR did the restoration on this car

cuda hunter

No pictures remaining from any of the results.
I find it interesting that mecum offers comps of these cars but all they show is basic pictures and sale price.
Kind of difficult to determine comps if I don't know what the options were.  That sure makes a difference in values. 

Gary AAR

@TX9AAR
This AAR (BS23J0B302169) is not my restoration.  Would love to own a second one, but my only AAR is shown in the photo below.

TX9AAR

torredcuda

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 30, 2024, 06:36:52 PM
Quote from: TX9AAR on April 30, 2024, 05:54:27 PMSold for $140250 at Mecum Indy in 2022 with 46575 miles now has 46587

What a waste.  I wouldn't want to be rich if all I did is buy and sell stuff.
I like adrenaline.  Would rather be broke and enjoy life. 
12 whole miles.

Maybe if I had a collection of 20+ cars there might be one that would be just be a trailer queen/show car but if I owned an AAR it WOULD  get driven.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Gary

Hi Everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here. Got busy restoring some Corvettes. Just happened to check in and saw the Olsonite Cuda is back in the news. Me and my brother are the restorers. It was in MCG back in April of 2015. The owner just sold it not long ago and MCG said it was well bought at 140 thousand. It was a total restoration. Cut and buffed paint, underside painted looked as good as the top side, as someone said over restored. It was judged at MCACN and received gold, although it was a day 2 judging because the Olsonite decals not being stock and also nom and trans.  Although it was an AAR drivetrain. The original owner didn't drive it much because of the rarity of the car so yes it was a trailer queen. I think that is why he sold it because he is not a trailer queen type of guy. Feel free to ask me any questions and you can contact me directly if you want.

cuda hunter

Glad you stopped back in for a little while @Gary .
The main question that I have is what does the fender tag say?
Is there a broadcast sheet with this car?
Interesting to know it is not the numbers matching drive train but it still sold for 140K.

Gary

There is no broadcast sheet. I don't have any pictures of the vin. But the car is what the vin says it is. Another neat thing was he had documentation from the family, pit jackets from the drivers. Lots of stuff from both the 48 car and the Indy cars. Where is it listed at, I never found that?

Cuda_mark

Looks like the listing isn't active anymore.

TX9AAR