Main Menu

1968 1970 Matchbox Catalogues

Started by RusTy/SE, March 24, 2018, 09:09:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RusTy/SE

Going through my 'Toy Box' the other day, I came across these - yep, I still have now what I had then  :)

The third pic is of the last two pages of the 1970 catalogue  :driving:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

RUNCHARGER

That's pretty neat. For the youngun's, Matchbox is what we had before Hot Wheels came out.
Sheldon

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

My favorite was the BP tow truck shown in the top right hand corner of the "8"....I guess cause we had a BP gas station at the corner of my street when I was really young...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I remember saving up for a 63 Fury convt. A friend had a 65 GT350 white with blue stripes. Matchbox were pretty realistic.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

Wow, I remember these. I had a bunch waaaay back when. I know they stayed at my mom's then the grandkids played with them. No clue where they ended up. Yessir I had the BP tow truck too! 

JH27N0B

I had that first catalog and may still be around somewhere.
I had a bunch of Matchbox cars as a kid but sold most along with early Hot Wheels I had cheap at a garage sale my folks had when I was in high school.  :headbang:
They still have Matchboxes except they come in blister packs instead of matchboxes.  I have a couple Matchbox International Workstar firetrucks displayed at my cubicle at work.