Main Menu

Retractable seat belt cover for 70 challenger

Started by tparker, April 24, 2018, 09:42:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Hi all,
Im putting my interior back together and apparently forgot how the seat belt covers go back on. Seems like it should be easy, but I'm having issues. I've scoured the web and there arn't any clear pics that I could find. Would anyone have any pics that show how the go in?

Cuda Cody

White plastic cover goes under the carpet (after & over the retractable belts are installed) and then the Bezel goes over the carpet and screws to the plastic cover.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

@Cuda Cody Awesome pic I think that helps a lot. I should be able to deduce how they are laid out under the carpet. I couldn't get them to line up with the body so they sit flush and cover everything as well as I would have thought. But I'll try again with this pic.

This challenger floor pan looks different than mine. There seems to be something infront and behind the seatbelts. Mine doesn't have those 'bulges'. Is that the actual floor pan or something else under there?

I couldn't believe there aren't any good pics available on line.

Tom

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

Sweet. That's exactly what I needed. I was expecting the cover to match up very well, but I think part of it is cut out in almost an arc and it doesn't fit perfect. So I was second guessing myself. Thanks. Now I have a before and after pic.

Tom

tparker

Went out today and played with the covers and the photos worked great. Thanks guys. Also @Cuda Cody I do have those humps. I didn't recall them, by sure enough they are there. Thanks for the after photos too.

Tom

HEMICUDA

The two screws that attach the plastic bezel screw into the ears on the retractors, the plastic covers are sandwiched in between.