Main Menu

Radio

Started by sunger, April 25, 2018, 01:33:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

sunger

The antenna wire for my 70 'cuda radio (two knobs on the left side of the dial) isn't connected, and my crusty old back doesn't allow me to twist under the dash very well. I can reach up and feel the back and sides of the radio, but can't feel any female receptacle for the antenna plug. Anyone able to give me the location of that port? I could simply poke the wire up under the dash, but it would always bug me that its not right. Thanks.

JS29

I be-leave it's on the right side of the radio.    :alan2cents:

anlauto

It's on the bottom of the radio, not the back. It's in the far back right hand corner.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Cuda Cody

@sunger  Here's the back of a stock radio.

You can also see the bottom in some of these photos.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/how-to-identify-e-body-radios/527/

anlauto

Here...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

GY3R/T

And your antenna cable end needs to have 90 degree factory bend.   :bigthumb: I'm sure you know.

anlauto

Quote from: GY3R/T on April 25, 2018, 06:04:09 PM
  And your antenna cable end needs to have 90 degree factory bend.   :bigthumb: I'm sure you know.

I wouldn't say it "NEEDS" a 90* bend....the factory ones were angled, but a straight one will work :alan2cents:

sunger

Perfect, thank you!

72 Challenger

Was there ever anything that held the antenna wire in place? Mine fits but it's not as tight as I would like.
Someday I will have a J0b.

sunger

Not on mine, but I can't say for sure.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 72 Challenger on April 26, 2018, 07:19:20 AM
Was there ever anything that held the antenna wire in place? Mine fits but it's not as tight as I would like.
no but you may be able to bend the side springs out a little to increase the perssure inside the socket